• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What is your workout routine?

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I've been working a lot for the last two months, so my workout has been walking 3/4 of mile to and from the train station to get to work. Sometimes I have to stand on the train for the 30 minute trip downtown, which is a very small workout trying to keep my balance as the train is moving. Then, at work, I get have to lift my ass out of my chair approximately 500 times a day to help people who don't have enough coordination to type their passwords in correctly or enough motivation to search for instructions on how to use Excel or Word. This is my first weekend off since sometime in November, so today I plan to do a short hike in the hills to get the blood flowing again.

scrapper

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
1975 302
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6+3
Tire Size
33/12.50/15
well, when I work out I hop into my truck and drive about 4 blocks to caseys and get some donuts, or drive across the street to the dollar general and get some candy. Its rough but much easier than going to the y 3-4 times a week.;)

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
I took the cap off my truck today for the summer and I could definitely tell I haven't been to the gym in 6 months.
Two bone spurs and rotator cuff tear in my shoulder. Had surgery on March 3. Now that I'm feeling half decent I CAN'T go to the gym.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
I took the cap off my truck today for the summer and I could definitely tell I haven't been to the gym in 6 months.
Two bone spurs and rotator cuff tear in my shoulder. Had surgery on March 3. Now that I'm feeling half decent I CAN'T go to the gym.
how is it doing? can you tell ny difference in operation of your arm?

i have broken spurs that ripped in to the muscle that i got lucky enough i only squealed like a bitch trying to sleep for 6 months ...but they are not absorbed enough that surgery will be avoidable. i hope your surgery is successful long term...my coworkers was not...so i am figuring i will be in hell forever.. they want to do the shoulder before my back because there is a tear on the other side starting...

on one hand...i dont want them doing shit till i cant move. but then i am doomed to starve...

so finally i was able to time work in a way things would get worked on....but it had to be cancelled... this corona bullshit made sure of that.

down to just doing stretching before i get up off the floor when i wake up.

so i really need to work in positions some way that limits the cuff tearing. so no derrick climbing unless necessary.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
how is it doing? can you tell ny difference in operation of your arm?
Yup, it doesn't hurt any more. Strength was okay but it would get my attention when I moved my arm in certain directions.

i have broken spurs that ripped in to the muscle that i got lucky enough i only squealed like a bitch trying to sleep for 6 months ...but they are not absorbed enough that surgery will be avoidable. i hope your surgery is successful long term...my coworkers was not...so i am figuring i will be in hell forever.. they want to do the shoulder before my back because there is a tear on the other side starting...
Yeah, sleeping was the worst part. Couldn't get comfortable. I did physical therapy last fall, it helped a little but not a lot and wasn't going to make bone spurs go away. Tear was small so I'm recovering much faster than I did with my other shoulder 8 years ago that was a lot worse. They also gave me a little buff and polish on my labrum and bicep tendon while they were in there. If I kept lifting weights I was just going to make it worse.

on one hand...i dont want them doing shit till i cant move. but then i am doomed to starve...

so finally i was able to time work in a way things would get worked on....but it had to be cancelled... this corona bullshit made sure of that.
After I decided to go under the knife, or scope, it took 3 months to get in. Good thing I did it when I did. Doctor cancelled my follow-up appointment though, I said hey that's when you were supposed to schedule my physical therapy. They said we'll mail you a prescription for it and good luck finding a place that's open. I did find a place near work that takes my insurance.

down to just doing stretching before i get up off the floor when i wake up.

so i really need to work in positions some way that limits the cuff tearing. so no derrick climbing unless necessary.
Get it fixed, you'll feel a lot better. Depending how bad it is plan on being off work for 6 to 12 weeks though. I'm 6 weeks out and feel pretty good but like I said, my other shoulder was worse and took longer to heal.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I do 3 to 4 12 ounce curls and walk 1 1/2 miles daily.
What exercise I may get is in doing chores around the place. Also spent a lot of time getting under and out from under the truck and SUV, that's the one that's worn me out the worst

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
We have a "gym" in our basement and a subscription to Beach Body program. We have a weight bench, squat rack, and a treadmill "aka the clothes hanger" that I hardly ever use. Zane and Corey use it regularly. I do average walking about 7 miles a day at work. We have 3 shops on the property that I have to trek back in forth too. I was super surprised I actually walked that much when Corey got me to start tracking my steps. I occasionally find myself down there working out but no real schedule. I may hit the weights 1 or 2 times a week. About 10 years ago I was on them hard. But now my shoulder pretty much won't let me do a lot. So until I break down and actually go to the doctor to see what the issue is, I just do the exercises that don't hurt and move on.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

Jazzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I’m a solo contractor remodeling kitchens and bathrooms. The only things I sub out are heavy glass and stone installs.

That’s quite enough, if not too much exercise. On the other hand, it keeps me lean and fit without paying a gym. 👍

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals