• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What is the Proper Motorcraft Part Number for Rear Shocks?

Arolsma

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I ordered Motorcraft shocks for the rear of my truck, but they are smaller than the original shocks (see photos) despite several different parts websites saying this part number was for my truck. I get no results anywhere when I search with the part number that is on the original shocks. The part number for the shocks that are the wrong size is supposedly ASH-1116, but I don't see that number anywhere on the shocks (see photos). Also, the Fords Parts America website says that both the AL5Z18125AG and the 9L5Z18125AP work for my truck. The vin of my truck is 1FTKR1AD4APA73824 if that helps. Does anyone have any idea what the proper part number for replacement Motorcraft shocks on my truck is? Thanks

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Second link says it fits both 2wd and 4wd trucks.

The first link only says it fits 2wds.

Arolsma

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Okay, I got the correct shocks, but one of the rear ones has a messed up bushing. Do you guys think I can install the shock as it is and the bushing will straighten out when I tighten it down? I could also do the two socket and a vice method to straighten the bushing, replace the bushing, or go through the hassle of attempting to get a replacement shock from the no name website I probably shouldn't have purchased from. I showed the old shock along side the new one if that helps any. Hopefully I will finally get new shocks installed soon. If I were to do it again, I would forget the dumb oem shocks and just get some KYB ones from Advance Auto Parts. Thanks for any insight and sorry for all the silly questions I have to ask:no2:.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
It probably would be ok but I would exchange it if the repair doesn't need to be done asap. It might even self correct itself over time.

Arolsma

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Well I installed them yesterday, so hopefully it will be fine. If I end up needing to replace the bushing it shouldn't be that big of a deal because it's very easy to access and take off the shock. There is no metal to metal contact between the shock mount and the shock, so I think it's okay. Thanks for your help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals