• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What happened to Bobbywalter?

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Two words Dustin... EASY MAC....

Where have you been, by the way?
Racing 3.0's with a 2.9 :3gears:

I think we need the story posted, for old time's sake! :derisive:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Rusty's been around for a long time......

Always good to see him.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Ive had a mess that past 6 or so months guys.

Just a lot of BS that seems to be clearing up now, kinda lost track of what was important and did some dumb things, i didnt go and become a crack head or nothing, just kinda got in over my head on some things, ive been around here, just kinda lurking as a guest for a while and decided id come on back.

Yeah, i bought a chevy, but believe it or not, i still got old rusty, still lincesed and insured, but doesnt really see a whole lot of road duty anymore, just the occasinal run up town or hauling junk in or something. I parked her out back for a while last winter and the mice took over, no wireing damage (thank god) but the whole truck smells like mouse piss inside. Any ideas on that one?

I sold/scrapped/gave away my "inventory" of project vehicles, junk vehicles, etc to pay for some debts and clear up the above metioned issues, I still got my LTD and my 78 F350, but the rest of them are sold, my charger was destroyed by a falling tree in this past summers round of rough storms we had :(...ill miss that car.

Me and my fiance finally tied the knot, this is my second marriage, hopefully this one lasts.

My nephews 74 Camero....went up like a roman candle....luckly he got out.

But guys, ill be around, maybe not as much as in my hey day but ill be here.

later,
Dustin

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I hope you can get everything worked out. Sorry to hear about your charger.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
hey rusty, arent you and will supposed to hill race an 'ol 300-6 against his wives CRV?

i seem to remember a discussion on this...:tease:

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Naw it was his pilot.

And i dont wanna start that argument again. But it wasnt really supposed to be a race, more of a max out contest to seewhich one could get the most weight rolling before it wouldnt move.

later,
Dustin

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ah thats right its a pilot.

heh heh...i wasnt trying to get the arguement going again...just thought mentioning it'd bring back some laughable memories :cool:

hihoslvr

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'04
Make / Model
F.O.R.D.
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was gone for a little while, nobody missed me? :bawling: :thefinger:
anyway, I see boggin b-series got banned, what happened?

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Racing 3.0's with a 2.9 :3gears:

I think we need the story posted, for old time's sake! :derisive:
Here ya go man....

I did alot of digging, but on my old cardomain site i found it....

Drag race of the Century!

Took my Ford Ranger last night. 2.9 liters of raw power, 6 cylinders of asphalt-tearing
terror on 14-inch rims. It's stock, alright, nothing done to it, but it pushes the barely 3000
pounds of Rangers around with AUTHORITY. I'm always catching SOHC Explorers and
various other 4.0L powered vehicles by surprise...

I was headed back from Autozone after buyin a tune up kit for the old Ranger. When I
stopped at a streetlight, As the 2.9 liters made its presence known, with it grumbling
powerful idle, I fiddled with my Radio. I was minding my own business, but then I heard a
rev from the next lane. I turned, made eye contact, then let my eyes trace over the
competition. Ford Ranger-3rd gen, could be trouble. 15inch tires, and that wimpy rounded
body, yup, a grocery getter for sure. The Whine of his 3.0 liter hurt my ears, as a matter of
fact, before i looked i thought it was a Taurus. He revved his 3.0 liter to its ricer like 7500
RPM redline, I looked, and smiled a evil grin, he thought he could take my lil old Ranger,
BOY did he have a surprise comin... I reved my torquey 2.9 liter to its peak of 2600
RPMS.

Then the light turned...he wasted me out of the hole, but only because my 2.9 liter was
buring the wheels off and the 3.0 liter took off as hard as it could, which isnt very, with
out a smoke from neither wheel because i thought, he had no power till he revved, whic
was evidence of its taurus roots.I caught grip, and the low end torque of the 2.9 liter
thrust me ahead hard, almost giving me whiplash off the line, like all good truck engines
should. I looked ahead and saw i was gaining, and I was beginnin to hear his 3.0 liter start
to rev, yet i still rocketed past him, and I flashed smile as my lower revving truck motor
showed its true muscle.. I kept my foot gamely in it, though, cycleing through the gears, I
knew as long as i could keep my 2.9 under 3500, i could waste him. Then I saw a glimpse
of chrome under his bumper, and knew the ugly truth... He was running a Rice exhaust 5
inch fart can. Dang his rice boy soul!

We both cranked the corner at the same time, and his no torque off the line 3.0 liter
showed its weakness, we came off the corner neck and neck, I kicked my 2.9 liter into
2nd, and planted my foot in it, smoke billowing off the rear wheels, even though I had a
posi. He gassed it also, but it was to late, by the time he got moving I was redlined, and
shifted already.

He pulled slowly toward me, dang that car engine!. I knew my 2.9 liter was in trouble, so I
pressed it hard to the floorboard, and upshifted, the Engine kicked to about 2200 RPMS,
and began pulling hard again, I edged foward, showing my engine supority.

We got to the Next light, which was red, and Stopped, I HAD WON!.

He beat his steering wheel in rage, and when the light was green, i smiled, and spun away,
happy I showed another 3.0 liter driver whos is better!

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
im sure it happened exactly like that too, my grandma had a 3.0 taurus that couldnt pull a sick whore off the piss pot

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Here ya go man....

I did alot of digging, but on my old cardomain site i found it....

Drag race of the Century!

Took my Ford Ranger last night. 2.9 liters of raw power, 6 cylinders of asphalt-tearing
terror on 14-inch rims. It's stock, alright, nothing done to it, but it pushes the barely 3000
pounds of Rangers around with AUTHORITY. I'm always catching SOHC Explorers and
various other 4.0L powered vehicles by surprise...

I was headed back from Autozone after buyin a tune up kit for the old Ranger. When I
stopped at a streetlight, As the 2.9 liters made its presence known, with it grumbling
powerful idle, I fiddled with my Radio. I was minding my own business, but then I heard a
rev from the next lane. I turned, made eye contact, then let my eyes trace over the
competition. Ford Ranger-3rd gen, could be trouble. 15inch tires, and that wimpy rounded
body, yup, a grocery getter for sure. The Whine of his 3.0 liter hurt my ears, as a matter of
fact, before i looked i thought it was a Taurus. He revved his 3.0 liter to its ricer like 7500
RPM redline, I looked, and smiled a evil grin, he thought he could take my lil old Ranger,
BOY did he have a surprise comin... I reved my torquey 2.9 liter to its peak of 2600
RPMS.

Then the light turned...he wasted me out of the hole, but only because my 2.9 liter was
buring the wheels off and the 3.0 liter took off as hard as it could, which isnt very, with
out a smoke from neither wheel because i thought, he had no power till he revved, whic
was evidence of its taurus roots.I caught grip, and the low end torque of the 2.9 liter
thrust me ahead hard, almost giving me whiplash off the line, like all good truck engines
should. I looked ahead and saw i was gaining, and I was beginnin to hear his 3.0 liter start
to rev, yet i still rocketed past him, and I flashed smile as my lower revving truck motor
showed its true muscle.. I kept my foot gamely in it, though, cycleing through the gears, I
knew as long as i could keep my 2.9 under 3500, i could waste him. Then I saw a glimpse
of chrome under his bumper, and knew the ugly truth... He was running a Rice exhaust 5
inch fart can. Dang his rice boy soul!

We both cranked the corner at the same time, and his no torque off the line 3.0 liter
showed its weakness, we came off the corner neck and neck, I kicked my 2.9 liter into
2nd, and planted my foot in it, smoke billowing off the rear wheels, even though I had a
posi. He gassed it also, but it was to late, by the time he got moving I was redlined, and
shifted already.

He pulled slowly toward me, dang that car engine!. I knew my 2.9 liter was in trouble, so I
pressed it hard to the floorboard, and upshifted, the Engine kicked to about 2200 RPMS,
and began pulling hard again, I edged foward, showing my engine supority.

We got to the Next light, which was red, and Stopped, I HAD WON!.

He beat his steering wheel in rage, and when the light was green, i smiled, and spun away,
happy I showed another 3.0 liter driver whos is better!
I pulled up next to this deuche bag in this ranger that had a bad case of cancer. Being the Dick I am I thought I would play with him for a bit. The nascar decals on the rear window and the autozone trash bags in the box made this dude look way cooler than me. I pulled up next to him at a light revved my engine and got his attention. Blah he things we are going to race. I could se him look straight ahead all of a sudden and I could see he was watching the light. This is going to be too funny.

We left the light when it turned green and I started to acceleerate normally, as i think street racing is dumb and a sure fire way to your ass in a whole heap of trouble. So he leaves the light with teh engien screaming, following close behind is a cloud of clutch smoke. Boy he must think he's hauling ass. He finally passed me after he shifted into second in order to bring the revs down. We come around a corner and he's just passing me and I catch a glimps of something flapping in the wind. JESUS CHRIST his box is falling apart. His engine is still screeming and he shift into third yet again to bring the clutch slipping to a minimum. Before I got hit by something I thought I would slow down, that's that last thing i want is a piece of metal flying at me giving me a flat tire. He roars by me in another cloud of clutch smoke. Laughing to myself Im thinking the dude is so cool, I bet he thinks his tires are spinning. We get to the next light and I hammer on the steering wheel, with a serious frown, giving him the satisfaction that he is super cool. Light turns green and he speeds off. I'm howling with laughter at this point. What a tool:taunt:. I can be such a Dick!:D

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
you wouldn't of happened to be driving a taurus would you?? lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals