• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What else should i replace on my 90' Bii suspension

A4LD_Nghtme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II XLT 4
Transmission
Automatic
Hey there,
I'm about to replace my front and rear shocks, coil springs and leafs springs. I was just wondering what else I should replace while I'm down there. Bushings(which ones)? Nuts? U bolts? As you can probably tell, im really not too keen on what all goes into suspension as I can't find a good answer online. However, I'm gearing up to get this done and want to order all the necessary parts to restore my suspension for longevity and performance purposes and would hate to just do the shocks and springs with the vehicle being 32 years old. Thank you for any information you can provide. I truly appreciate it.

Rustbucket350

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Nuts and U bolts don't have to be replaced unless they no longer hold stuff together. You may want to either rebuild or replace the steering box if it leaks. If it doesn't leak, leave it. The steering shaft can be a problem and they don't sell a coupler if I remember right. That's why I made a billet stainless steering shaft from ebay stuff. It wasn't hard.

mnewman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I would look at the pivot bushings and radius arm bushings as well. Another member recommended I replace the coil spring seats when replacing the coil springs.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad