• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What do you guys think of this?

javery

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm totally new here and made an account kinda for the purpose of this post. I'm currently looking at buying a pickup and found what is seemingly a good deal on a 94 Mazda B4000. I'll post the link to the listing at the bottom of this post. I was wondering if this is a good buy. I'm pretty unfamiliar with whats what on a vehicle (thus why I'm consulting people who know whats up) but I've read that the rear shackles may be an issue. I haven't checked the truck in person, but will use that as a little price leverage if there is any. But as the ad says, It has 260,000 miles on it BUT has had an engine REPLACEMENT 40,000 miles ago, tranny rebuild 30,000 miles ago, and the 4x4 rebuilt 15,000 miles ago. Grandad owned for a while. Comes with a topper, which I'm totally going to live out of during the summer. I plan on it being a daily driver, plus doing some trips from northern WA to southern OR.
Let me know what you guys think.
(If you live in the area don't snipe it from me. That'd be totally uncool!)
Thanks guys!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Doesn't look bad, check it over good.

That is a ton of miles though... hard to say.

cdxhizors

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
It looks like a very clean truck. I'd say for 2000 it'd be worth it.. 2500 is a tad steep for the milage. But really it's a good combo other than it being an auto but that's a personal preference. I'd jump all over it. Definitely check the frame for rust but it looks garage kept.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I agree. Odd it has a front receiver.

Amusing that he blocked the plate in one pic, left it in several others and even posted a pic of the VIN. :icon_confused:

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Well, Rangers aren't cheap in WA. And, if it has always been a WA vehicle, at least no rust. WA roads are good, darn few potholes to jump through so front ends last forever. If it is as advertised 2500 is fair.

The front receiver may mean it was towed behind an RV for a lot of those miles, or used to back a boat/or trailer around. Who knows.

It has a dent on the right side that may give you some dicker room (a couple/three hundred to help pay for repair). Oh, and some Grandpas never changed the oil or anything else. They figured it would out last them.

Have a mechanic or someone you trust check it out if you get serious about it. A few bucks spent can save a lot of heart burn later.

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow
What's it worth to the op ? You could spend another couple thousand on another vehicle and end up with the same problems.

Pick your poison ...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals