• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

what do yall think about this truck

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
danm that thing is so cool!!! some bright red would be nice, but if u say blue, is ok then lol!! i like the rims hope to see it painted soon
nice truck

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
love it! the ONLY thing i would change is the rims to these:

my favorite factory ford rim

oh yeah, and i love light blue on old fords

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah ive seen them they look pretty good

the truck is a 1992 f150 cab an 84 front clip and it has a 1981 300 6 cylinder with a four speed and a 3 speed browny so it has 12 speeds instead of 4 the second axle is a drag axle all its for is when my dad goes to pull a heavy load when i get some more pics of it up ill point out a few details on the truck if no one can see em
Cant be a 92. They changed the side windows on the ext cab like the one above. Its fron the 87-91 family. still anice truck I like it:icon_thumby:

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Cant be a 92. They changed the side windows on the ext cab like the one above. Its fron the 87-91 family. still anice truck I like it:icon_thumby:
Actually, it's an 80-86. 87-91 look like this:

I'm assuming he meant 82 not 92.

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good so far! Ya have a Ranger to ride on the back of it???

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Wouldn't it have been cheaper and cooler to just buy an old Peterbilt and fix it up a tad? That is what the truck is mimicking right? A tractor?

85_ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 L
Transmission
Manual
actualy the first 92s have that syle window and it had the stock front clip my dad decided to swap it because he hates the plastic headlights in the 92 front clip like the sunk posted and my dad has chose the wheels for it they are gonna be baby moons

85_ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 L
Transmission
Manual
Wouldn't it have been cheaper and cooler to just buy an old Peterbilt and fix it up a tad? That is what the truck is mimicking right? A tractor?
it wouldnt have been cheaper my dad already had everything to do it after he traded a set of rims for the 92 and yes it kind of is mimiking a rig but noone has a truck like it its the real macoy

Low-Life1972

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0 L
Transmission
Automatic
I got to say thats the coolest man !!!!!! I drove a 18 wheeler over the road for 14 years and thats got my attention !! I wish i had one ! Nice work.

85_ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 L
Transmission
Manual
my dad has been runnin over the road for almost 15 years now i think it would be awsome to use the pickup for small over the road loads

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
personally i love Big(i.e. 300CID+) I6's for pullin a load simply because of the amount of torque that is achieved at very low RPM's

85_ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 L
Transmission
Manual
personally i love Big(i.e. 300CID+) I6's for pullin a load simply because of the amount of torque that is achieved at very low RPM's
yeah they are good for pullin but i still think an old 12 valve cummins would be awsome with the stacks and just how its built a diesle would be alot cooler

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my dad put a split header on it so when he got it done with the stacks people could tell what kind of engine it had it sounds like a 460 with nothin but headers when he takes the glass packs out and its so lound you cant sit in it but i love how loud it is

and like metal macguyver said it would look a little weird

pickuptrucker my dad wants to do a cummins 4 bt or 6bt maybe if he could find one with all the electrical for it he doesnt want to put a 12 valve in it since its a half ton witch i understand and he has a good idea for a paint sceam on it but doesnt want to start that yet plus doesnt have the funds to
is your dad aware a 6bt IS a 12 valve? the 4/6 stands for the number of cylinders...
plus a 6bt would be way better for towing then the 300, but safety would be an issue because that 12 valve can haul way more than a half ton fords brakes are designed for... soo. once again, awesome truck, way better then a rebuilt highway tractor, cause its custom. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals