• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
busy day, changed oil in the equinox & my 2.5 escape. Put the boom on the tractor so I could lift the front of the mowers up & clean the grass out. found the deere needs some deck repair. took a bunch of our yard sale stuff from 3 years ago that never sold & we moved it all here, never did unpack it, just piled it all up in a closet of a extra room. Put it out there on my landscape trailer with a big “F R E E” wrote on cardboad that I zip-tied to the ramp gate. Ran to town for some flowers & when we got back a hour later the trailer was empty and the egg fridge nearby was empty. Not sure if the same person took all the stuff and bought eggs but its all gone! Put the big trailer back & gathered todays eggs. looks like its about to storm here. Think I will just rest a bit with the critters.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My nephew graduated from high school yesterday so they had a graduation party today.

My wife made this presentation for it. It is really nice and tastes good, ha ha ha.View attachment 111441
Wow! Looks like a magazine pic...

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Mountain House is having another sale on select bits of their freeze dried 'apocalypse food'.. so I ordered some more

The sales they run are pretty hefty.. everything I've ordered from them has been 40-50% off. Definitely worth waiting for sales.

...if their ice cream sandwiches ever go on sale.. I'm leaving none left for anyone 🤗 yuuuuum. Anything to keep moral up while I'm 'left below' dealing with heathens 👍

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
The skeleton of the carport has been stacked and tarped behind the shed. Out of sight, out of mind until October.

Rick W

Lil Big Rig
Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
I recorded the Indy 500 (I hate watching commercials).

On a break from working outside, I realized it was running four hours late. So I set up to record everything for the four or five hours after the scheduled time on that channel.

Somehow I managed to cut out the last 40 laps of the race.

At least I had luck getting the step trailer off the Road Ranger and turning them both around.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Not much. I was going to take a road trip for a day, but my hip hurt. After I managed to mitigate the pain with 6 acetaminophen pills I went WinCo and bought 6 pounds of strawberries. The price is cheaper than it was last week. 99¢ a pound this week and it appears the farmers have more strawberries than they can sell this year.

I really like strawberries.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I decided to trim the brush under the apple trees yesterday then decided to mow that in, then while mowing mowed everything else again... one of the belts I changed a week ago decided to just up and die on me so grabbed the one on my spare deck, apparently I need to stock up on belts... I caught the rope I have on the chute on something and broke the zip ties holding it together so I went a step beyond and broke out the plastic welder and sunk a piece of screen in it then added some more plastic, now grass doesn't get stuck in the crack, it's nice... hinge is still broken so I had to drill a hole for more zip ties... if the flap wasn't $40 I'd get a new one...

I did spend a few minutes working on the Ranger though, I put a hole saw in the drill press for plug welds on the square tubing and drilled 4 holes to plug weld... still have to do the other tube then it'll be time to tack weld things together...

Also took the camper to the dump station since I've been forgetting to do that, need to do some maintenance on the F350 before July...

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
I put remote start on the wife's new to her 2019 jeep wrangler.

Its the startx brand, which is the same brand i used on her 2018 mazda3. It worked just as good on the wrangler as it does on the mazda.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I participated in two memorial services, as pwr the usual. We even managed not to get rained on.

Rick W

Lil Big Rig
Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
I ordered the shop service manual for my 87 and 88 Lincoln Town Cars. Still in an effort to try to fix the electronic gas gauge and message center. It also covers the luxury Fords and Mercurys. It’s a CD. Now I have to find the CD player that used to plug into my old notebook computer.

I have been chatting with the guys on “Lincolns On Line,” the Lincoln version of TRS. Just like you guys, great bunch of guys, but this is one of those “stump the professor” problems.

The brain goes into a fog when you look at all these printed circuit boards and weird connectors in the dash that were all space-age in 1988, a lot of which were never used again, and then one of the younger guys chimed up and said “did you check the ground to the sender, and did you check the ground to the panel?”

I’m going to look into that…

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I ordered the shop service manual for my 87 and 88 Lincoln Town Cars. Still in an effort to try to fix the electronic gas gauge and message center. It also covers the luxury Fords and Mercurys. It’s a CD. Now I have to find the CD player that used to plug into my old notebook computer.

I have been chatting with the guys on “Lincolns On Line,” the Lincoln version of TRS. Just like you guys, great bunch of guys, but this is one of those “stump the professor” problems.

The brain goes into a fog when you look at all these printed circuit boards and weird connectors in the dash that were all space-age in 1988, a lot of which were never used again, and then one of the younger guys chimed up and said “did you check the ground to the sender, and did you check the ground to the panel?”

I’m going to look into that…
Might want to start looking for an EVTM manual. It contains the Electrical and Vacuum schematics and is separate from the FSM. When I ordered the FSMs for the Explorer on disc it said that wiring diagrams were included, but they weren't.

On the disc I got they were PDF files and I could simply copy the files to the hard drive or a thumb drive. If yours is the same, you won't need to keep track of the disc after initial usage. Just saying that if you can't find your drive, borrow one (or a computer with one) to copy the files from the disc.

Rick W

Lil Big Rig
Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Might want to start looking for an EVTM manual. It contains the Electrical and Vacuum schematics and is separate from the FSM. When I ordered the FSMs for the Explorer on disc it said that wiring diagrams were included, but they weren't.

On the disc I got they were PDF files and I could simply copy the files to the hard drive or a thumb drive. If yours is the same, you won't need to keep track of the disc after initial usage. Just saying that if you can't find your drive, borrow one (or a computer with one) to copy the files from the disc.
Makes sense. I do have the 87 EVTM book, it’s the same thing.

I’m pretty sure I have a CD player, I just haven’t used it in a while. I’m due for an upgraded laptop in any case, mine keeps complaining about not enough memory.

And I wasn’t having enough fun, I went to drive that thing today, and it started up, and died almost instantly. Then it cranked, but wouldn’t spark and turn over. I don’t think I’m getting fuel. A little starting fluid got it to spin a little bit faster, but no joy.

Same old story. You buy a car, drive it for 36 years, and bang, it quits on you.

Last edited:

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Got a letter from the bank saying I can skip either my June or July payment for the Bronco.

I think I might take them up on that offer.. it'll free up just enough cash to get the big cam and tweecer setup for the 96 🤠 found out tweecer offers custom remote tuning too which is kick ass.. 75$ for a baseline, 150 for a baseline and 2 revisions, 300 for the same baseline and 5 revisions. This saves me the trouble of finding a local dyno place that would want to mess with it.. a few of the shops around here are kinda picky.. one won't touch anything but subarus.. another one doesn't want to touch anything that has less than 4 digit HP numbers.. pfftt.

Then all that'll be left on the list besides basic maintenance stuff & mild rust remediation will be the purchase of a lunchbox locker 👍 hell yeah.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Got a letter from the bank saying I can skip either my June or July payment for the Bronco.
Read the fine print. They said skip, but that's probably not going to mean that you don't have to pay it eventually. They likely just extend the life of the loan by a month. I guarantee they aren;t losing anything and have likely figure out some way to make it profit.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals