• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
You see a hawk, I see bigfoot standing on the other side of that fence row staring at the guy rudely taking.pictures of him.

They had a big pigeon problem on the facility where I work. Damn near a bio hazard from all the pigeon poop on the floors. One of the measures to reduce the population was releasing a few hawks to hunt them it's a site to watch when one of them snags a pigeon and flies up into the rafters of the hangar to start chowing down.
Years ago I took out a starling at 50 yards or so in a tree in the back yard with a pellet gun and as soon as it hit the ground I heard a shriek and a red tailed hawk grabbed it as soon as it, was pretty awesome...

Last year about cherry time the birds were wreaking havoc on the trees so I'd taken out a bunch and just put them in a pile, went out the next day to look for birds in the trees and walked up to 5 turkey vultures attacking the pile, those things are big when you're on foot and they're 20 yards away...

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
Yesterday was spring cleanup time at the GF house so we loaded a dump trailer full of stuff. I got the sliding door magneting screen up so Major can come and go as he wishes while the weather is cool. Also got a clock mounted in her mom's bedroom. One that is big enough for her to see.

Today is just a little cleaning but a day off to hang and spend some time together.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
replaced the drivers side front caliper on the 09 escape, it had been hanging up from time to time and wasn’t going to fix itself. Back in the day Id replace both sides if one gave me trouble, but calipers arent 25/30 bucks anymore, the one I put on was $67. plus $20 for new pads cause you know I roasted that one side. At least I didn’t ruin a rotor.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
When I got home I made a drink then grabbed the riding mower with trailer to take the stacked up blackberries to the burn pile, then decided to mow some more since it was getting scraggly again... stopped after like an hour to make another drink then started again, got another couple rounds in and the steering drag link decided to fall off... was about dark, came in to find if it was available for tomorrow (this prime thing has me spoiled...) but no and they're like $50, thought it looked like a replaceable end but apparently not, I might convert it to be... I think I have another end in the garage... will investigate tomorrow when I can see, I have a welder and 3/8" fine thread bolts so I can make it happen...

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
When I got home I made a drink then grabbed the riding mower with trailer to take the stacked up blackberries to the burn pile, then decided to mow some more since it was getting scraggly again... stopped after like an hour to make another drink then started again, got another couple rounds in and the steering drag link decided to fall off... was about dark, came in to find if it was available for tomorrow (this prime thing has me spoiled...) but no and they're like $50, thought it looked like a replaceable end but apparently not, I might convert it to be... I think I have another end in the garage... will investigate tomorrow when I can see, I have a welder and 3/8" fine thread bolts so I can make it happen...
My stepfather was into planes and he got me my first real R/C truck. After a short time I was talking with him about wanting a boat and he mentioned what do you do when something happens when it's out on the water? How would you go get it? Since I don't have a pool to play with them in I figured it was best for me to not get into boats. Lol. I can swim but I don't want to have to go get it out on the lakes.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
My stepfather was into planes and he got me my first real R/C truck. After a short time I was talking with him about wanting a boat and he mentioned what do you do when something happens when it's out on the water? How would you go get it? Since I don't have a pool to play with them in I figured it was best for me to not get into boats. Lol. I can swim but I don't want to have to go get it out on the lakes.
Fair enough and good call, apparently what the boat guys do is put a tennis ball on a fishing pole and cast that to try to hook the boat... my plan is to use it in my small pond (like 30' by 50') and take with at the lake where I'd have my boat out...

So far I've fixed the mower, I decided to peen the socket over which I apparently have done before but I got it tighter this time, should apparently plan on getting one to have on hand... I added some marine grease this time to hopefully help...

I also pulled some pokey bush out of the front yard with the tractor, kinda like scotch broom but red and with big nasty spikes... should have used the 3 point since it lifts harder but the bark is slippery so that wouldn't have worked without a good cinch. Just ended up pulling off the branches 18" up and bending a linkage for the loader and breaking a weld that I did a couple years ago... so off to fix that... gotta check on the wind report, was hoping to burn that bush and the blackberries but looks like the wind is picking up...

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
went to a flea market up north then 2 car shows, one was more of a swap meet. Came home & put the bush hog on to mow the ditch with, got the saw out & cleared a area out in the fence row to stash my landscape trailer at a later time. Pressure washed the north side of the house, it never gets direct sunlight so it was more green than yellow. Got it mostly clean. Put everything up and got the propane tanks put on the grill & blackstone. Ready to just rest for awhile now.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
You build a second boat. One designed to retrieve your first boat.

Speaking of boats, I bought a hobby shop on (@Rick W , where are you? You’ll love this.) Craigslist years ago. Anyone interested in a few fiberglass boat hulls?

E5C95AC7-660C-4524-B9C2-341DC00A0260.jpeg

The largest one of them is 6’ long.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I got about 3/4 of the carport torn down for the summer.

Rick W

Lil Big Rig
Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
I found this in my hitch pile looking for a 2” ball hitch I can put on a 2x2 tube for the ‘Raith. Does anybody know what this hitch is for/how it works? I found something similar that said “hydraulic brake actuator,” but that confused me more…

IMG_1911.jpeg
IMG_1912.jpeg
IMG_1913.jpeg

I realize it’s a shock absorber to ease starts/ stops, but i don’t see how it gets mounted and I can’t find anything on line about it? I found a replacement shock (DEMCO) but not the whole thing.

I’m thinking of using it on the ‘Raith if I can figure it out.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
As stated above, fixed the mower earlier then broke the tractor, then fixed the tractor then mowed with the tractor, then mowed with the mower :).

My boat showed up today, smaller than expected but that's fine, should be good enough... charged up the batteries and will test it out tomorrow. The birds that mess with the cherry trees showed up today so time to make sure the pellet gun is ready tomorrow...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I found this in my hitch pile looking for a 2” ball hitch I can put on a 2x2 tube for the ‘Raith. Does anybody know what this hitch is for/how it works? I found something similar that said “hydraulic brake actuator,” but that confused me more…

View attachment 111127View attachment 111128View attachment 111129

I realize it’s a shock absorber to ease starts/ stops, but i don’t see how it gets mounted and I can’t find anything on line about it? I found a replacement shock (DEMCO) but not the whole thing.

I’m thinking of using it on the ‘Raith if I can figure it out.
I believe those are mounted with a master cylinder on the tongue and the push rod for the master cylinder meets that tab on the top. The shock absorber and slot for the bolt allow the hitch to slide back during braking and this depress the push rod for the master cylinder. AKA, surge brakes. The better ones have a pin to stop the hitch from sliding so you can back up but that one appears to be the cheap and simple model

Rick W

Lil Big Rig
Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
I believe those are mounted with a master cylinder on the tongue and the push rod for the master cylinder meets that tab on the top. The shock absorber and slot for the bolt allow the hitch to slide back during braking and this depress the push rod for the master cylinder. AKA, surge brakes. The better ones have a pin to stop the hitch from sliding so you can back up but that one appears to be the cheap and simple model

Aahhaaa!

IMG_1918.png

Let me check if I can pull out that cylinder and just use it like a regular coupler.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

XLTsplash
June Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals