Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Nope! Just a big black bear that almost pooped himself when I sneezed.
Oh, is THAT what that loud noise I heard was? It was you sneezing? With a sneeze like that (that I could hear all the way up here in Saskatchewan), I'm surprised you and your truck didn't fly backwards off the mountain!

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Oh, is THAT what that loud noise I heard was? It was you sneezing? With a sneeze like that (that I could hear all the way up here in Saskatchewan), I'm surprised you and your truck didn't fly backwards off the mountain!
No, you are mistaken. That was Dirtman farting into a propane tank.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
No, you are mistaken. That was Dirtman farting into a propane tank.
You sure about that, Bill? For one thing, it sounded more like a sneeze than a fart. For another, it didn't smell like a fart (or propane, or propane and fart mixed together).

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
You sure about that, Bill? For one thing, it sounded more like a sneeze than a fart. For another, it didn't smell like a fart (or propane, or propane and fart mixed together).
That's because he captured his fart in a propane container.

8thTon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Drove it with mild heat.... WTF.... Figures that what I get for flushing the coolant. I've watched some vids on purging the air out of the system. Anyone know a good trick to purge the air on a 1999 3.0? It blows decent heat but not like it did 3 days ago before the flush. Do I need to be on a hill? I haven't tried any methods yet and have a few hours before lunch when I can try.

PetroleumJunkie412

2.9 Mafia
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Drove it with mild heat.... WTF.... Figures that what I get for flushing the coolant. I've watched some vids on purging the air out of the system. Anyone know a good trick to purge the air on a 1999 3.0? It blows decent heat but not like it did 3 days ago before the flush. Do I need to be on a hill? I haven't tried any methods yet and have a few hours before lunch when I can try.
Cupace20191015085248.png

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0l Vulcan v6 with low miles...
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
That one guy with ADHD and doesn't stop talking about cars.
If I can find the charger for my personal laptop then I will try uploading pics of ranger since today I'm de-dusting her since I used this magical detailing spray called topcoat f11......little pricey but it revealed water stains or soap was it? Don't remember but this stuff makes windows so clear and paint so deeply glossed as well as shiny it must blind people even at night or early morning......yeah Old Green is shiny.......did you guys know that ford ranger seats weren't very cushioned from the factory....thought my driver's seat was seriously worn out for 95k but passenger seat is almost like new and still stiff as ferk so guess driver's seat is fine minus seat back support in middle is still broke......I kinda want a old pillow topped seats oldsmobile.......still love Old Green though even though she doesn't love me....going to try cleaning my cab a little more and actually post pictures of it if I can find my laptop charger.......

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0l Vulcan v6 with low miles...
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
That one guy with ADHD and doesn't stop talking about cars.

This stuff any good guys? Might go back and pick up some today....

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If I can find the charger for my personal laptop then I will try uploading pics of ranger since today I'm de-dusting her since I used this magical detailing spray called topcoat f11......little pricey but it revealed water stains or soap was it? Don't remember but this stuff makes windows so clear and paint so deeply glossed as well as shiny it must blind people even at night or early morning......yeah Old Green is shiny.......did you guys know that ford ranger seats weren't very cushioned from the factory....thought my driver's seat was seriously worn out for 95k but passenger seat is almost like new and still stiff as ferk so guess driver's seat is fine minus seat back support in middle is still broke......I kinda want a old pillow topped seats oldsmobile.......still love Old Green though even though she doesn't love me....going to try cleaning my cab a little more and actually post pictures of it if I can find my laptop charger.......
Basic glass cleaner will work great on windows. Wax tends to be a personal thing BUT application is key. Be sure to wash it thoroughly and then let it dry or mostly dry. Use wax as directed. Some are spray on, some are spray the whole thing and rinse off, some are wax on/wax off type of deals. If I'm feeling lazy I will use the rinse-n-wax which is stuff we carry at work. Spray it down with water then spray the wax on then rinse it off. It's not as good as hand waxing it but it works. I scored a tote full of wax/cleaners/meguairs for $1.00. All stuff was good too. Lucky me! Moral of the story is don't half-ass a wax job and it should turn out good no matter what you use. You should get the $15 harbor freight buffer and make it really shine. The wax costs more than the buffer by the way lol.

masanders

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/15
My credo
Don't get louder, improve your argument.
Put in a new TPS.

snoranger

This page left blank intentionally
Supporting Member
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'17
Make / Model
All Fords
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
This is what happens when you power NASA equipment with a 2.9

Do you really think a 2.9L could run for 73 seconds before it blows up?