Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
215/75/R14
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
Blood hell! the damn thing is leaking again. :damnit1: OK. Before the shot gun comes out and I shoot it to put it out of my misery I replaced the hose clamp with one that I could actually crush the rubber with if I really wanted to so I can actually tighten it this time and feel like it will hold.

Got to love the fact they put holes in a hose that is supposed to keep liquid inside of it... :nono: You can see the hole just to the right of the new hose clamp on top of the hose. ...A passing thought, maybe the ones that make this decision of putting the plastic holder through the hose need one shot through their peckers and then see what it would be like to deal with a hole in a hose where it isn't supposed to be.

I also gave it a bath while I was out and conditioned the Tonneau cover.

Last edited:

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
I fudged my ranger up pretty good today. I keep messing with forscan and I reset ALL learned data from the PCM. Not just KAM. Spent a good 3 hours getting it back to running right. Fuel trims are still messed up and trying to adjust for all cells. I need a practice car for this crap... also erased what I did on IDS for the transmission so I need to borrow that again.

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
215/75/R14
My credo
I fudged my ranger up pretty good today. I keep messing with forscan.....
Mom never told you to leave it alone it'll grow? :icon_twisted:

maybe a totaled one with a good running engine and trans for testing and playing?

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
For the love of!!!! Can we be adults enough to say forscan without bringing up penis skin! :icon_rofl:

I was using my mkx for practice before I traded it in... god only knows what I screwed up on that. I messed with the as built data and had no idea what I was doing. For all I know the brake pedal turns the radio on now...

Grumpaw

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
For the love of!!!! Can we be adults enough to say forscan without bringing up penis skin! :icon_rofl:

I was using my mkx for practice before I traded it in... god only knows what I screwed up on that. I messed with the as built data and had no idea what I was doing. For all I know the brake pedal turns the radio on now...
Your fault...You brought it up, or did it "stick up" !!! That's what happens when you mess with it !!!
;missingteeth;
Grumpaw

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
I'm now officially calling forscan, "that ford software which shall not be named". You damn degenerates.

Grumpaw

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
I'm now officially calling forscan, "that ford software which shall not be named". You damn degenerates.
Call us degenerates, HA !!! In the past you posted that your dash was covered in a milky, creamy, viscous fluid, which you said was "Chowdah", but it now sounds like something else.
And now you admit to "messing around with your Fords foreskin, oh, I meant forscan.
Who's the degenerate now ???
Party Pooper !!!
:stop:
Grumpaw

Last edited:

ericbphoto

Old Redneck just wingin' it.
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Blood hell! the damn thing is leaking again. :damnit1: OK. Before the shot gun comes out and I shoot it to put it out of my misery I replaced the hose clamp with one that I could actually crush the rubber with if I really wanted to so I can actually tighten it this time and feel like it will hold.

Got to love the fact they put holes in a hose that is supposed to keep liquid inside of it... :nono: You can see the hole just to the right of the new hose clamp on top of the hose. ...A passing thought, maybe the ones that make this decision of putting the plastic holder through the hose need one shot through their peckers and then see what it would be like to deal with a hole in a hose where it isn't supposed to be.

I also gave it a bath while I was out and conditioned the Tonneau cover.
I usually trim that last 1/4" or 3/8" of hose off so I can slide it onto the nipple further and get a good seal without having to worry about that stupid hole. I agree they shouldn't pierce the hose like that.

BTW, the truck looks great. Why the purple highlights in the wheels when you have a red truck?

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
Call us degenerates, HA !!! In the past you posted that your dash was covered in a milky, creamy, viscous fluid, which you said was "Chowdah", but it now sounds like something else.
And now you admit to "messing around with your Fords foreskin, oh, I meant forscan.
Who's the degenerate now ???
Party Pooper !!!
:stop:
Grumpaw
And who fixed my issue with viscous fluid on my radio... :ROFLMAO:

Grumpaw

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
And who fixed my issue with viscous fluid on my radio... :ROFLMAO:
OK, I gave you the radio, but it was you who got that "sticky stuff" on the dash !!!
:icon_rofl:
Grumpaw

PetroleumJunkie412

2.9l Aficionado
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I fudged my ranger up pretty good today. I keep messing with forscan and I reset ALL learned data from the PCM. Not just KAM. Spent a good 3 hours getting it back to running right. Fuel trims are still messed up and trying to adjust for all cells. I need a practice car for this crap... also erased what I did on IDS for the transmission so I need to borrow that again.
Now imagine you have no guide book, no help, and only 5-10 year old forum posts to go by.

Took me three days in the driveway to just get it to start.

You get used to it eventually.

Welcome to tuning.

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
215/75/R14
My credo
I usually trim that last 1/4" or 3/8" of hose off so I can slide it onto the nipple further and get a good seal without having to worry about that stupid hole. I agree they shouldn't pierce the hose like that.

BTW, the truck looks great. Why the purple highlights in the wheels when you have a red truck?
The factory pin stripe for this truck is tape code A, which is a thin blue stripe, a thinner silver and thick purple stripe so this is why I made the accent color purple. While the paint is considered red by the registry it has quite a bit of blue in the mix giving it a strange maroon/purple hue in person.

Last edited:

ericbphoto

Old Redneck just wingin' it.
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
The factory pin stripe for this truck is tape code A, which is a thin blue stripe, a thinner silver and thick purple stripe so this is why I made the accent color purple. While the paint is considered red by the registry it has quite a bit of blue in the mix giving it a strange maroon/purple hue in person.
Cool. I didn't pick up the color in the striping. The rest of the truck looks like my 97 F150 which is "dark toreador red"

racsan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 (mostly)
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3/140-4
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/15
My credo
built, not bought
bought a tonnue cover for no real good reason, was only $10, and for a shortbed. Maybe I’ll wind up with another supercab someday, or put it on letgo and double my money.