• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Had to tow mine to a windshield shop because their mobile guy said the glue was too hard for him. Oh well new windshield is nice!

Attachments

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Had the final inspection of my shop today so I loaded all my gas cans and propane tanks in the back of the '90 to move them out of sight for good measure... doubt it would have mattered, he was only there like 12 minutes and only looked at the 3 electrical panels really... but had the day off (they only tell you they'll be there in the AM... he got there at 10) so I weedeated around the shop, put all the trimmings in the burn pile, grabbed the last of the lumber around the shop and put it in the ranger trailer. Then grabbed the tractor and one of the 3 workbenches I've been waiting to put in the shop and drug it to the driveway to attack it with the grinder with wire wheel... then cleaned up the bolt bin I had sitting around and finished primering it to put on the bench once I put it somewhere... it's empty but I feel fairly accomplished for the day, at least that final inspection is done!!!

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
on my bike ride yesterday i saw a very good looking stepside single cab edge at the gas station. it had some larger tires on it which made it really ncice looking. it was a pretty blue purple (like the post reply button here) and very clean. than, when i was coming back from teh north gate of the base, by texas a&m university, a good looking white lowered ranger with black accents was behind me.

so, now i will have to mount those other 31s and put them on to see how my red truck looks. i am kind of worried how 31s will effect drivability and mileage though since its a 3.0 with 4.10

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Carried it to Gulches ORV Park for the afternoon and a haunted night ride.
20220923_152444.jpg

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
No red tow hooks...
That's a different package that has to be added to another package that comes with the Tremor package. Unless you want the Blue tow hooks, then you have to get a lesser package of packages.

Dantheman1540

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I just have to say, I’m really glad this place is a thriving forum again. I haven’t been in here in 8 or 9 years, and I remember back then the place was kinda dead. What helped bring it back so much? Was it the new 2019 rangers coming out?

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I just have to say, I’m really glad this place is a thriving forum again. I haven’t been in here in 8 or 9 years, and I remember back then the place was kinda dead. What helped bring it back so much? Was it the new 2019 rangers coming out?
No, it’s the members that keep this place going.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
That's a different package that has to be added to another package that comes with the Tremor package. Unless you want the Blue tow hooks, then you have to get a lesser package of packages.
It was very nice of him to show us his package, wasn't it?

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Tried a adapter/spacer and tire out today, have a old front rotor to check on stud length and found out the open 1/2-20 nuts I bought are too thick & stick out past the mounting surface of the spacer, found a few lugnuts from my box trailer that arent as tall, so I could either grind down lugnuts or order more, think I will order more. Fit one to the rear just to see how it looks, not horrible. I will need to take a little off all the studs, back ones are longer than the front, that will take a little while. Heres a picture of whats on it now (235/75/15) vs the hhr winter tire (215/60/16) Its really weird how the studs on the adapters are metric, 12mm.

Attachments

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Well, got to spend a little time on the green Ranger today around a couple interruptions. Blew out a brake hard line because it’s been sitting and blew out my new -AN fuel line, pulled the old motor mounts and put the new ones in, pulled the old fuel line from the filter and sent the new line down there, filled the front diff with oil, pinned it in place (I say pinned because the nuts were not with the bolts except for the one that goes straight up, so nothing is tight with it yet), cleaned off the drivers side CV and shoved it in (oil was trying to get out), then slid under to connect the new line to the fuel filter and…. It doesn’t fit. The fitting coming out of the front of the filter isn’t long enough for the connector I have. So I either need a different connector, a different fuel filter, a different type of filter, a different line, or to get my line apart (which I haven’t been able to separate yet and what prompted the -AN line).

I had been thinking about getting an aftermarket canister type filter, but decided against spending the money at the time. Pretty sure someone on here did one of those but I don’t remember where it got posted or where I would have made a note of what I needed, so I’ll have to figure this all out. At this point, that’s the simple solution I think, it was what I initially planned. Be able to use the line I already made too. Which also means I don’t see any reason not to be able to set the engine once I get the brake line in and a couple little housekeeping chores in the engine bay done.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I think there's more people over Facebook anymore, back around 10 years ago everything was moving over there, now there's still a lot over there (I'm guessing, been almost 2 years since I've even scrolled really...), back 10 years ago was somewhat of a low point for me so I was distant... that and I flip between hobbies every now and then, the '90 is in better shape than it's been in years now so I'm back on that somewhat, if gas wasn't so expensive I'd drive it more, I should wear out these tires, they're over 10 years old and still have like 70% tread...

I agree, it's the members that make the place, between fordranger.com back in the olden days and here I've learned a LOT about all sorts of stuff and opened me up to experimenting on vehicular stuff...

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Took it to jericho mt state park in Berlin NH to see 'what the deal is' with their truck/jeep trails.

Had an extremely good time, and didn't muff the truck up nearly at all.

I'll make a little trip report in a little while.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals