• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Washed and waxed it. Fell in love with it again. So shiny

B5527F16-C9BC-40CE-95D6-95A13578A20A.jpeg

First time in a long while I took the time to hand wash it. Looks so much better then a quick power wash.

First time I waxed it too.

When I was done washing it I really wished I had picked up some buffing compound to clean up some of the scuffs all over.

Maritime Drag Racing

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
355 Chevrolet
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
27 X 5 X 15 Hoosier front - 9X30 Hoosier rear(slicks)
My credo
Race it - Break it - Fix it - Repeat
Out of winter hibernation, sitting on the trailer and ready for tomorrow's test and tune session. Winter works project was CalTracs and a Lexan windshield.
20220625_153659.jpg

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
Took the ranger to one of the parks to walk with my wife and saw some miniature tortoise looking turtles. There were two but by the time i got my phone out, the other one was hauling butt under the brush. Saw a huge rattle snake too but the wife didn't want me to pick him up for a picture so I got a bad shot of him in the grass. He was following the shadow of the fence looking for snacks.

Attachments

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I passed an "ultimate driving machine" near home tonight in the '97... after laying on my horn several times trying to tell her that she was in my way... you'd think an "ultimate driving machine" wouldn't be making sudden small corrections and random brake light flashes at 45mph in a "basic rule" (Oregon thing, if no signs present and conditions are safe, 55mph) zone that I normally cruise at 63mphish in my "mediocre commuter pickup truck"... then promptly got stuck behind someone else doing 52mph, so I took a slightly different route and got stuck behind a county rig picking up road cones from after painting road lines... which of course is much more relaxing since they have a reason other than being a drunk bleached blond 50ish year old "Karen" driving a beamer 10 under the limit to avoid suspicion... After I got behind the cone truck just stuck in 3rd at low speed and let my nerves settle, then made myself a stiff drink and mowed the yard...

Before you lay judgement, I'd been behind Karen for like 5-8 miles before I passed her, a twin I beam shouldn't be out handling a BMW by like 1000%, she wouldn't keep up with the Scion Xb or whatever was in front of her at one point... the Scion was doing 55... it's Friday night, I wanted to get home...
Y'know, I feel sorry for people named Karen. They get a bad rap just because of their name.

For the record, calling people who complain a lot "Karen" is bullying. Be better.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks like that tractor has about 1 toddler power, I'd say. May not be enough to do anything useful.
It entertains a toddler which is useful beyond words...

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I don't use the term often (heck, took me 3 tries to get the spelling right...) but didn't feel like typing out "drunk older short haired bleached blond white lady" several times, she had the stereotypical haircut for asking for a manager...

Sarcasm doesn't flow well over a keyboard, I only use stereotypes in jest, was mainly going for a mental picture of what the lady did in fact look like :)

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Y'know, I feel sorry for people named Karen. They get a bad rap just because of their name.

For the record, calling people who complain a lot "Karen" is bullying. Be better.
Geez man... I think it's time you dial back your sensitivity setting a little.

Two times last night I see you involved in a post that contains "Karen" proceeded by you taking a shot at another member.

I'll say it again here. If someone finds a post offensive... report the post to a moderator.

SCOTTY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Size
Cologne 2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
2 weeks ago she needed a LF brake hose, no problem.
Middle of last week lost OD & cruise control stopped working + rear ABS light came on. This weekend took the tranny SS out which it & the wire connector weren't loose. Cleaned it up & cleaned out the
connector which had grime & tranny fluid in it ? (Maybe inner SS seal bad). Put it back, snugged everything up, no problem, back to normal. Will keep an eye on it & may replace it in the future.
Life goes on !

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Been mowing lately and yesterday I moved some stuff around with the Explorer and the '90 Ranger... Unfortunately the ignition tumbler on the '90 needs some love after a mere 33 years and who knows how many times the odometer has rolled over... apparently the door locks are the only security measure it has now... time for some WD and brake clean or something...

It's like 95 right now but I'm a persistent person so I blew the radiator out on the tractor and mowed some, have gone on a few gopher walks (got one with the 20ga, missed one, I'll try more throughout the day...), then I took the mower off and put the 3 point forks on to move some more stuff including getting all 4 riding mower projects that are on pallets in one spot. Now the brush hog is on the tractor... I'd mowed a little on the one riding mower I have that runs and one (or two?) of the blade spindles is making a heck of a noise... conveniently when one went a couple years ago I bought a deck rebuild kit with 3 spindles and blades so I still have 2...

Right now I'm cooling off in the house (where it's only like 79) and having some water before I go work on stuff more...

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Helped out someone from work who also has a 94 ranger, his axle seals were leaking badly and he broke the screw off that retains the cross pin. So I pulled the axle from the ranger trailer (which is the original from my ‘94, with 3.45’s) and gave it to him. Havent used the ranger trailer in a while other than for storing the fiberglass cap on & chicken feed/bedding inside. Eventually I will put a regular trailer axle under it. Changed oil in the escape, its only 79 today but the rain last night has the humidity sky high, Need to put up the new taller kennel for the chickens but its just too humid for me right now.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I drove it to Folsom to go grocery shopping and topped up with gas. I'm also going to add that this inflation has gone way beyond being out of hand. Not only do many items cost nearly twice as much, the size of the packaging is shrinking too.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Thursday and Friday I drove it out hunting. It did very well but the little plug on the high pressure power steering hose blew the O-ring out and started leaking. Luckily I had a couple wrenches and was able to tighten it up enough to stop the leaking. When I dropped the tire pressure down to 15 psi my fuel mileage dropped to 11 mpg. So I’ll be adding onboard air sooner than I anticipated. The electric fan is keeping up well so far. I haven’t drove it when it’s over 90 deg yet because the AC isn’t charged or hooked up so I’m not sure about how it will do when that’s hooked up.

985CC676-084B-45D9-B25F-32F7291803D6.jpeg
78AE7FB4-6644-435E-B0CC-37B1F55533DC.jpeg
F5FBDA57-BFFE-4CD9-B23C-FCD23063E0E8.jpeg
B5116230-1B81-4004-B08E-8F003E658630.jpeg
399E3805-F07F-463D-AACC-4A10F970231D.jpeg
D6F008A8-664A-4990-9A8B-584CA4D9DC9E.jpeg
881F2346-ADC7-4EF4-8535-5CE773AED3E4.jpeg
317F3E08-DA2A-4FEC-9C88-D5A791277DD1.jpeg
1013AC4B-012B-4FFC-8B0F-BDD7EDAA8840.jpeg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals