• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

DILLARD000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford
Make / Model
SportTracJob2
Engine Size
V6~4.0L~SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Im OCD about my toolboxes actually lol. All 8 of them stay clean and organized. The sockets in the road box will have 3d printed organizers like the wrenches when i have time to lay it all out in CAD. I got problems lol. This one is my biggin.
View attachment 68680
Built a top for the long ratchets and pry bars and general overflow a while back.View attachment 68682View attachment 68683
Even my junk drawer is organized. Used bins from Dollar Tree. View attachment 68678

Here is my old work setup
The remline stuff moved into these carts and the Remline is pretty much a gunsmithing/3d printing toolbox now. View attachment 68684
Top of the white cart View attachment 68686
My other two boxes from the video sit with the corner and catch overflow tooling and whatnot. I hate having to hunt for a tool lol, i like everything clean and organized plus an organized box looks soooo much better imo. Sorry for the long winded post, im a toolaholic.
That looks more like a HospitalOperatingRoom than my chaotic garage.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
back on tires- I went to put the winter tires on the escape a little over a month ago, tires were brand new a year ago, on older (2006?) escape alloy rims. All tires were low, one had no psi at all. I aired them up & sprayed soap on them, found nothing. 2 days ago I thought the drivers side rear looked low, checked and was less than 20 psi. checked the rest, all needed air. I had previously put 30 in all 4, now (or at least as of 2 days ago) they are at 40. Im about to go to steel rims, its got to be a slow rim leak. Seems like you dont have that issue nearly as much with steel rims.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Got the inflator recall done on the 2011's driver's side today. It only took them 7 months to get the part.

So, that takes car of the passenger side and the driver's side. I wonder if they will do the side curtain air bags in the seats next and if they will be one at a time like the other two were.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got the inflator recall done on the 2011's driver's side today. It only took them 7 months to get the part.

So, that takes car of the passenger side and the driver's side. I wonder if they will do the side curtain air bags in the seats next and if they will be one at a time like the other two were.
They recalled the PS first in my wife's edge. Took the better part of a year to get the part after we got the notice.

So naturally I offered to drive because I sure as heck didn't want to sit in front of the claymore.

Then they recalled the drivers side for the same thing...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
back on tires- I went to put the winter tires on the escape a little over a month ago, tires were brand new a year ago, on older (2006?) escape alloy rims. All tires were low, one had no psi at all. I aired them up & sprayed soap on them, found nothing. 2 days ago I thought the drivers side rear looked low, checked and was less than 20 psi. checked the rest, all needed air. I had previously put 30 in all 4, now (or at least as of 2 days ago) they are at 40. Im about to go to steel rims, its got to be a slow rim leak. Seems like you dont have that issue nearly as much with steel rims.
Most tire shops, at least around here, don’t do things the way they should with tires. With aluminum rims, every time a tire comes off the bead should get cleaned on the rim and bead sealer should be used for mounting a tire. Cures a lot of the issues. Helps too if you use internal balancing or stick on weights. Those ones that get hammered on the lip tend to promote corrosion in that area. Up until a year or so ago I had an arrangement at a local shop to be able to do my own tires. Now I own half of an old Coats 10-10 tire machine and am looking for a rim clamp machine that isn’t stupid expensive

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I’ve seen steel rims leak at the bead seat just as bad as aluminum. Like lil_blue_ford said, a lot of tire shops don’t do what they are supposed to.

rubydist

TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The issue in my experience is that corrosion lifts the paint off the bead, so air can escape between the paint and the wheel. This can happen on either steel or aluminum wheels and when it happens on the steel wheels they usually leak faster than the aluminum ones, in my experience.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals