• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
the reason I took the cap off. another round trip to southern Ohio, this one was only 335 miles round trip.

View attachment 111231
nice. i have kind of halfass been looking for a red regular bed to swap onto my truck when i need to do somethings (like use a high-top camper shell) and then swap off when i am done and will just run my step side bed like normal. but god dang is it hard to find a red regular bed that is not beat to death around here.

they don't seem to make a high-top camper for a step side ranger so it seems that is my only option

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
looked for months to find this one. still needs rust repair of the support rails.

hi tops and step sides are an oddball, being narrower they tend to have huge blind spots at the front.
choose wisely :icon_thumby:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
My green Ranger got used to pull dad’s 02 Ranger parts truck from the backyard of my property to up by the road. Yard finally dried up enough to mow what looked like a hayfield then I figured while it was dry-ish and freshly mowed, I might want to move it to where I can grab it from the road with a 30’ strap if the ground is too wet when I go to move it. Green Ranger just hulked it out despite being a lowered AWD. Uphill all the way. Somehow my lowered truck now has more mud on it than most of the lifted 4x4 trucks around here…

CamTheHedgehog

ASE Certified Tech
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Torsion Bar Max Crank (Pre-2008)
Tire Size
265/75/16
My credo
Professional Dingus At Work
I’ve been quiet on here for a while, so my bad. I took the trek once again up to northeast Iowa, to work the summer again at a camp there that my family has been going to for forever. So I won’t be as active here until late august when it winds down.

But, last weekend on the way up, this happened.

I pull off to get gas and notice smoke, stop the truck, and get out and am greeted by probably a quart of ATF all over the frame, driveline, and exhaust.

There’s a rusty spot on one of the trans cooler lines I’ve been keeping an eye on, and it finally blew out it seems. Thankfully where I stopped there was a NAPA a short walk away, so $25 and an hour later and I was back on the road, albeit with a temporary fix.

New lines came in today, so that’s this
weekend’s project.
IMG_6341.jpeg
IMG_6343.jpeg

I am impressed though, this is the first time my Ranger has actually left me stranded in my two years of ownership.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Does it really count as being left stranded if it was only broken for a hour?
I would agree, that doesn’t really count as stranded. I’ve fixed a number of vehicles in parking lots over the years. My F-150 likes to pop the lower rad hose off for some reason. I’ve fixed it a couple times wherever I was at. I bought a fancy new stainless clamp this last time around. I think the problem is the stub off the bottom of the rad. Not big enough to get two clamps on really and a regular hose clamp just doesn’t seem to cut it. It has a band clamp with a bolt now. I’m not playing any more.

Rick W

Lil Big Rig
Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
IMG_1943.png

Carrollton is about 30 miles west of Atlanta

IMG_1944.png

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Tonight I went to the boss's house and traded my '97 for his '21 Sierra, apparently the work trip I get to go on tomorrow will have a better representation of the company with a newer less clapped out vehicle... pfft!

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I’ve been quiet on here for a while, so my bad. I took the trek once again up to northeast Iowa, to work the summer again at a camp there that my family has been going to for forever. So I won’t be as active here until late august when it winds down.

I pull off to get gas and notice smoke, stop the truck, and get out and am greeted by probably a quart of ATF all over the frame, driveline, and exhaust.

There’s a rusty spot on one of the trans cooler lines I’ve been keeping an eye on, and it finally blew out it seems. Thankfully where I stopped there was a NAPA a short walk away, so $25 and an hour later and I was back on the road, albeit with a temporary fix.

weekend’s project.View attachment 111277View attachment 111278
I am impressed though, this is the first time my Ranger has actually left me stranded in my two years of ownership.
I noticed surface rust on the two ATF lines that run under the radiator en route to the auxiliary trans cooler in front of the radiator when I replaced the radiator last month. I sanded off most of the rust and sprayed them with Rustoleum rust-converter primer.

These portions of the lines were inside the plastic guard under the radiator that has to be removed before removing the radiator. The portions that were exposed had little corrosion. I would have expected the opposite.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual

weekend’s project.View attachment 111277View attachment 111278
I made new lines for my green Ranger out of 3/8” aluminum tube. Actually put a -6 AN fittings and coupler on the lines in front of the motor so if I need to pull a motor or something, I can unhook the lines there and cap them so I don’t have the unwieldy bits hanging in front of things. Maybe I’ve just lived in the rust belt too long and had to change too many motors, I dunno, lol

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Used it for a little bit of gardening. Machines are so nice to have.
20240523_094814.jpg

20240523_095528.jpg

20240523_103157.jpg

He was pretty lethargic. Some kind of salamander?
20240523_094837.jpg

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

rubydist

TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Most salamanders have at least some ability to change color to blend into the background. They are cold blooded, so their speed is very dependent on the ambient temperature.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
More storms overnight. I didnt want get up before my wife leaves at six... so her car had to lower itself to sleep in the rangers lair... while the ranger gets the barn with my F-150.

20240523_205323.jpg

20240523_205425.jpg

Somehow with the lighting the Ranger looks kinda poorly photoshopped too which is funny.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

XLTsplash
June Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals