• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
How does one "accidentally" buy a vehicle?
I’ve done it before. Put what you think is a stupid low bid and expect to be outbid. Then you happen to win. But since you didn’t actually expect to win, it’s an accident.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Neighbor bought a ‘76 MGB that way a few years ago. Unfortunately for him it was in Arizona and he had pay to have it trucked to PA.

He still has though and drives it around.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Once I low balled a used car dealer for a used BMW 320, got it for $5,000, fixed it up, and drove it for another 250,000 miles.

I bought an almost new Fiat 500 demo for $10,500 and a trade in. I got the price down that far because I offered to pay with a cashier's check. It was the end of the month and I was pretty sure they needed money. The savings paid for my Ranger. I got another good deal beacause I offered them cash too.

Sometimes the best time to buy a car or a truck is when you don't really need one.

ben_2_go

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5 Scrap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235-75-R15
My credo
None at all.
How does one "accidentally" buy a vehicle?
I quoted exactly what happened but in lil_Blue_Ford's words.

I’ve done it before. Put what you think is a stupid low bid and expect to be outbid. Then you happen to win. But since you didn’t actually expect to win, it’s an accident.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Sometimes the best time to buy a car or a truck is when you don't really need one.
This is how you end up two more cars then days of the week to drive them. Ask my wife.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
This is how you end up two more cars then days of the week to drive them. Ask my wife.

that is poppycock..... i drive many vehicles per day....

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger

01WHTRNGR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
New brake pads on the drivers side to match the passenger side. Still going to the left when braking but not as bad

ben_2_go

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5 Scrap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235-75-R15
My credo
None at all.
New brake pads on the drivers side to match the passenger side. Still going to the left when braking but not as bad
I don't remember reading it in your posts, but have you changed the rubber lines going to your calipers? They will swell over time from the corrosive brake fluid and restrict fluid flow which will cause low pressure in the caliper, passenger side if it pulls left. Left seems to be doing all the braking. The only other idea I have is possibly trapped air on the passenger side. Gotta bleed the crap out them. Sticky caliper piston not coming all the way out on the passenger side. Even these new, and reman, calipers can be off and cause problems.

Rick W

Lil Big Rig
Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
I don't remember reading it in your posts, but have you changed the rubber lines going to your calipers? They will swell over time from the corrosive brake fluid and restrict fluid flow which will cause low pressure in the caliper, passenger side if it pulls left. Left seems to be doing all the braking. The only other idea I have is possibly trapped air on the passenger side. Gotta bleed the crap out them. Sticky caliper piston not coming all the way out on the passenger side. Even these new, and reman, calipers can be off and cause problems.
I always thought the collapsing flexible lines to the calipers was an old wives tale until it happened to me. My issue was a hair different, the brakes wouldn’t release, so I’d have a dragging caliper. The collapsed lines were acting almost like a check valve. Relatively cheap thing to swap and see if that’s the problem.

01WHTRNGR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have not. Brakes worked just fine before my cv axle and hub went out on the passenger side. Replaced the caliper and pads the other day and bled the lines in that side

ben_2_go

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5 Scrap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235-75-R15
My credo
None at all.
I always thought the collapsing flexible lines to the calipers was an old wives tale until it happened to me. My issue was a hair different, the brakes wouldn’t release, so I’d have a dragging caliper. The collapsed lines were acting almost like a check valve. Relatively cheap thing to swap and see if that’s the problem.
I've ran into the same issue too.

I have not. Brakes worked just fine before my cv axle and hub went out on the passenger side. Replaced the caliper and pads the other day and bled the lines in that side
All that carnage may have flexed the soft line wrong and caused damage to it. Also, check your hard lines for pinches or crimps.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I’ve had it where I dropped a caliper during a pad swap and it damaged the soft lines needing new soft lines. Same problem, hose collapses acting like a check valve.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

XLTsplash
June Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals