• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
The ARB differential cover I ordered for the 2011 was delivered yesterday. I still need to get a reusable gasket for it. Fall preventative maintenance happens soon for all three vehicles. So, I’m working on getting all the materials on hand for that.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Green Ranger went for inspection yesterday and passed. After I had to replace a core support body mount because somehow the bolt and bottom rubber fell out. Not sure how, I even added an extra nut, but it is what it is I guess.

Mechanic said he went to pull it in his shop and started it up and went, well that doesn’t sound right… revved it a bit and went, that really doesn’t sound right, I have to see what’s going on and popped the hood. His wife said she was waiting for him to pull it in and wondering what was taking him long so she looked out to see him under my hood and then was wondering what was wrong with my truck, lol. He was really impressed with it all.

Then there was a car cruise and I had intended on taking the Choptop, but finally decided to just run up in the Ranger and pop the hood. A lot of people didn’t notice why it deserved a place there, but those that did were impressed. Not too many sleepers around here anymore. The exhaust noise kinda gives it away, but right now it looks for all the world like an old farm beater or something.

F602210B-43E5-4157-B69C-66A26A6FFC96.jpeg

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Green Ranger went for inspection yesterday and passed. After I had to replace a core support body mount because somehow the bolt and bottom rubber fell out. Not sure how, I even added an extra nut, but it is what it is I guess.

Mechanic said he went to pull it in his shop and started it up and went, well that doesn’t sound right… revved it a bit and went, that really doesn’t sound right, I have to see what’s going on and popped the hood. His wife said she was waiting for him to pull it in and wondering what was taking him long so she looked out to see him under my hood and then was wondering what was wrong with my truck, lol. He was really impressed with it all.

Then there was a car cruise and I had intended on taking the Choptop, but finally decided to just run up in the Ranger and pop the hood. A lot of people didn’t notice why it deserved a place there, but those that did were impressed. Not too many sleepers around here anymore. The exhaust noise kinda gives it away, but right now it looks for all the world like an old farm beater or something.

View attachment 98952
You need to talk to @Rick W. He may some centercaps for you.

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5

View attachment 98952
Sweet Moses that’s a solid front bumper. That should knock the deer or mostly peaceful protesters outta the road. I’m liking it. 👍

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
You need to talk to @Rick W. He may some centercaps for you.
Oh, I have center caps, I’m just not exactly sure where I stashed them at the moment. The ones I can find are the wrong ones for those rims, but I know I have 6 or 8 of the right ones around here and a set of 4 of a different design that could be used. The ones I can find are the flat Explorer type.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Sweet Moses that’s a solid front bumper. That should knock the deer or mostly peaceful protesters outta the road. I’m liking it. 👍
That’s actually supposed to be the start of my rear bumper for the Choptop. But my stock bumpers needed repairs and that was a lot faster to throw on temporary like until I can do something more correct for it. I’m tempted to just follow my plan and build a custom bumper for the Ranger at this point.

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5
That’s actually supposed to be the start of my rear bumper for the Choptop. But my stock bumpers needed repairs and that was a lot faster to throw on temporary like until I can do something more correct for it. I’m tempted to just follow my plan and build a custom bumper for the Ranger at this point.
The deer are so overpopulated here it’s a matter of when not if. I’ve got a great front cage on my daily. Last deer I hit did 0 damage to my truck. The deer however looked like a deer hide basketball with legs poking out. She went under. I’d like one of those Duff front skid plates to help keep hooves off the oil pan. 😂

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
I ordered 3500 pound double eye leaf springs for the Missing Linc trailer (88 bed to match the 87) after measuring everything for the hundredth time. Gosh I hate buying at retail, but a critical part. All the springs in the junk pile are the slipper type, and I wanted a little bit more heavy duty capability for upcoming landscaping.

& now I need @rubydist to find me some free tires since he outed me on the last pair.…

Seriously the Missing Linc has the steelies. I have one 14 extra and one 15 extra, so at some point I’m heading back to the Pull a Part to see if I can find one or two more of either one, so they all match & another spare.

Last edited:

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
how hard do you think you have to ram the back of the chop top to get the bumper to stick?

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
The deer are so overpopulated here it’s a matter of when not if. I’ve got a great front cage on my daily. Last deer I hit did 0 damage to my truck. The deer however looked like a deer hide basketball with legs poking out. She went under. I’d like one of those Duff front skid plates to help keep hooves off the oil pan. 😂
That 5” C-channel is what I made the basis of the front bumper for the F-150 out of. I still have to finish that bumper at some point. I’m thinking I’ll make a similar one for the dump truck. The F-150 has a stinger started on it, that all was a response to smacking a deer. The Ranger I think I’m gonna cut and bend plate to make something fancy unless I decide to order something. At least for the front bumper. The back bumper of the Ranger will likely be a flat piece of 5” C with a 2” hitch sunk in the middle and reinforced to be both bumper and tow hitch. I have ideas…

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Sometimes I think TRS has a magical link to the pull a part. No sooner did I post about the wheels, than I got the email notice that they had a couple late 80s rangers just come in. So I grabbed Lincoln and a few tools and I headed up there.

I wanted two, and I got three of the 14 inch steelies. Zero rust. Two with barely legal tires, and one with probably 1/3 tread left.

I’m not going to post a picture until I can caulk up the dry rot with some black silicone seal, just in case @rubydist is still bird dogging me.

I also picked up enough Lincoln emblems so I can match the Missing Linc when I get that far.

EDIT: BTW, it was all I could do to bypass the six 14 inch bullet hole wheels, but I have all I need for all my harebrained schemes at the moment

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
Well I managed to get everything done that I planned for today. Oil change, trans topped off, the rotors, bearings, seals and new break pads. I didn't get to the O-ring for the power steering because my back had enough for the day. Took me 4 hours including the cleanup but progress is progress.

Hoping to get to the O-ring before I go back out to NY. next week but that is a weather permitting thing. I don't work in the snow or rain anymore.

Last edited:

LukeBizzy

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Transmission
Automatic
Slapped a gauge pod in the Ranger.. Its fun playing with this thing ;) Has me considering getting another one, kind of want a flare side or a older one if I can find one that isn't made of rust & spray foam! (Michigan, yeah). Haven't found a reason for two yet, but thats just details!

Attachments

Stankard757

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Finally put my picknpull rubber floor in my bare metal floor 94😁 hit a couple of bare metal spots with paint and RTV'd some extra screw holes
1000002041.jpg

1000002043.jpg

Then replaced the busted up high mount with an LED.
1000002048.jpg

1000002045.jpg

1000002047.jpg

And done
1000002051.jpg

Stay safe and have a blast
Mike

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Yotaismygame
February Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals