• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

DILLARD000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford
Make / Model
SportTracJob2
Engine Size
V6~4.0L~SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah haha, I only live an hour from the state line though.. and my destination is only another 20 minutes or so PAST the state line 😋 little Friday road trip.
Seems like I'm always going to NH for stuff.. bought my last truck in NH, been to NH twice in the last year getting parts for my squarebody, now wheels for the ranger. I wonder what's next.
Grew up in SouthTx; took 90 minutes just to drive across 1 county going south of Corpus across old KingRanch; nothing but coyotes+javelina+longhorns.
Driving north once out the state was literally half way to Canada!!! Lots of empty nothingness, very different geology+culture than Maine.

Last edited:

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
that is exactly where i live, corpus christi. i think its something like 5-6 hours to louisiana and 9.5 to new mexico.

but its only about 3 to mexico.

it took 15 hours to get to colorado springs. 11 or 12 of it was getting to the texas border.

every time my sister says they can go to virginia to pick my oldest son up for christmas from fort lee, i think its a day long ordeal, like here. but she tells me its only a few hours. i just googled it and its 3.5 hours from camp lejuene to fort lee. so crazy because lejuene is towards the bottom of north carolina.

man, a state the size of a county is just mind boggling to me. i cannot imagine that. even looking at the map, it just seems out of proportion to say that.

Last edited:

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
that is exactly where i live, corpus christi. i think its something like 5-6 hours to louisiana and 9.5 to new mexico.

but its only about 3 to mexico.

it took 15 hours to get to colorado springs. 11 or 12 of it was getting to the texas border.

every time my sister says they can go to virginia to pick my oldest son up for christmas from fort lee, i think its a day long ordeal, like here. but she tells me its only a few hours. i just googled it and its 3.5 hours from camp lejuene to fort lee. so crazy because lejuene is towards the bottom of north carolina.

man, a state the size of a county is just mind boggling to me. i cannot imagine that. even looking at the map, it just seems out of proportion to say that.
You should visit Rhode Island.

It almost takes longer to sneeze than it does drive across that whole state lol.

To blow your mind some more.... it's the 3rd state away from maine and on a good day it only takes about 2 and a half hours to get there from my house.

Its smaller than Maines largest county.. and probably a few more smaller counties too.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
third state away!! what the heck, thats so crazy. i have driven from cali to florida and know some of those states are smaller but wow!

someday i would like to come see those states up there. i think it would be super cool to see the history and hear the funny accents people use. and the different words used to for things. bubbler and pie get me the most, ha ha ha. when in basic we had a guy from new york and he would ask to go to the bubbler. i didn't know what he asked for so i just watched but i guess the drill sergeant was from up that way because he knew. than when we were finishing basic he said he was going to get a pie as soon as we were out. i thought he was talking about baked desserts. when i found out he was talking pizza, i was on board for that plan

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
third state away!! what the heck, thats so crazy. i have driven from cali to florida and know some of those states are smaller but wow!

someday i would like to come see those states up there. i think it would be super cool to see the history and hear the funny accents people use. and the different words used to for things. bubbler and pie get me the most, ha ha ha. when in basic we had a guy from new york and he would ask to go to the bubbler. i didn't know what he asked for so i just watched but i guess the drill sergeant was from up that way because he knew. than when we were finishing basic he said he was going to get a pie as soon as we were out. i thought he was talking about baked desserts. when i found out he was talking pizza, i was on board for that plan
I grew up near Pittsburgh if you want to talk about some crazy language. My brother moved to Virginia outside of DC, takes him about 4.5 hours if he sticks to highway and is in three states in the trip home. I’m about 45 minutes from Ohio and an hour from West Virginia. 2-1/2 hours I can be to New York. Oh, and rubber bands are gum bands here, we go Dahntahn (downtown), Yinz (Ya’ll), Perogies (basically mashed potatoes wrapped in dough, very yummy with butter and onions), and a bunch of other Yinzer stuff like chip-chopped ham.

NoRangerDude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep CherokeeXJ
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inches
My credo
Why am I on here, I don't even own a Ranger??
View attachment 78619

Fiances driving the ranger until she learns how to drive her new 6mt car lol. Brought it home yesterday.

2018 focus ST2, 65k, way better equipped than the ranger. Totally jealous -__-

I will say though... I'm 6'2" and 240ish lbs... I'm as big as you can get and still be somewhat comfortable in the Recaro seats that come in these. Definitely not fat guy friendly.
Nice Focus ST! I love the Recaros in my Fiesta ST, but they aren't the biggest seat for sure.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
So between yesterday and this morning I managed to do a little junkyard shopping. Got a rear bumper and hitch for a friend, then a couple things for me, an 83-92 flare side tailgate in good condition, few dents but no real rust, plus a tailgate for my F-150 that’s in great shape except some rust on the bottom seam and a broken hinge. Think I can deal with the rust a bit and tack the hinge back together. Even the original color of the truck.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
20220709_192612.jpg
20220709_192637.jpg

Put the new set of wheels/tires on.

I think I'm happy enough with the fitment. Slightly less offset would be better IMO but the price was more than right.. itll grow on me I'm sure.

Gotta get some mudflaps now.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Texas would never allow Canada to join USA; it would move Texas from 2nd largest to 5th - after Alaska, Quebec, Ontario & British Colombia, (with a little northern border adjustment we could put it behind Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba and make it 8th) :thefinger:

Does swapping the Superlift from my Ranger to daughter's B4000 count? Pictures tomorrow.

(Now she wants 33s).

My truck last night, my truck tonight and her truck. Still need to correct wheel alignment and sway bar on hers, but it drives.

Attachments

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Drove it out of the garage, turned it around and nosed it in the garage and changed the oil.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
My son drove the ranger to reserve duty yesterday and called and said the truck is leaking oil into the? Exhaust, or something, because it smells like burning oil. Sure enough, when he got home, we popped the hood and it looks like the VA le covers have started seeping.

And, when coming back from town yesterday, I got behind a red stepside ranger edge single cab with a camper shell that was not the truck body color, just like mine. I couldn't believe it because of how hard it was to find a ranger stepside camper shell. But his had the port windows on the flare of the shell. I am jealous of those port windows

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Got mine ready to DD again, I noticed this noise the other day on the hhr, thought it was exhaust related, but after putting it up on ramps and rolling underneath it seems the tapping noise is internal to either engine or transmission. So it’s getting parked. Figures, after all the $ and effort Ive put in to it over the last 6 months. Im guessing its the timing chain from what Ive been reading online, funny how these newer 4-valve /cyl -4cyl engines from both ford & gm dont have near the service life of the older 2 valve/cyl-4 cyl engines.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Didn’t do anything for my Fords, but we got fireworks and will probably launch tomorrow night, lol. @racsan , want to stop b tomorrow night? Lol, we in Ohio :icon_rofl:

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
first startup after the engine swap.
2005 2.3 with 367,500 miles out, 2002 2.3 in.
had to swap a few external parts to match the truck, replaced clutch & slave. all new hoses. pan gasket, rear seal, water pump, starter, and a few other things.
and of course I put on a different intake manifold after that bad case of "oh shit "
primed the pump several times, bleed air from the fuel rail each time, started right up. no funny noises (yet)

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
Got mine ready to DD again, I noticed this noise the other day on the hhr, thought it was exhaust related, but after putting it up on ramps and rolling underneath it seems the tapping noise is internal to either engine or transmission. So it’s getting parked. Figures, after all the $ and effort Ive put in to it over the last 6 months. Im guessing its the timing chain from what Ive been reading online, funny how these newer 4-valve /cyl -4cyl engines from both ford & gm dont have near the service life of the older 2 valve/cyl-4 cyl engines.

according to the rumor mill Duratec engines last quite a while.
did you make it to Good Guys? I should have, stayed home to work on the Ranger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals