- Sep 4, 2011
- Reaction score
- NewBrunswick Canada
- Vehicle Year
- Make / Model
- Ford Ranger
- Engine Type
- 4.0 V6
- Engine Size
- ReMan 4.0 SOHC
- 2WD / 4WD
- Tire Size
Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.
I'm glad I don't have to deal with the chip keys.Even at the dealership the key blanks are not that expensive. Its the programming that costs because most places have a 3/4 hour minimum at $150+ per hour.
Ok, so I’ve been down this road…I've also been fighting the lock cylinder on the driver's side door. It turns out there's nothing wrong with the lock cylinder. It's the key that's worn out. So, I looked up transponder keys and I see Amazon has blank sets of two for around $15. Has anyone purchases these keys online and had them cut locally?
That is sweet, the stock ones are getting fragile and hard to find, I think mine is partially broken...
That’s grate!All I fid to the Ranger, was turn it around in the driveway, in preparation for the next round of front suspension tuning.
But, as part of my garage cleaning effort, I used up some extra materials. My little roll-around seat had broken a month ago. I built a much more robust replacement. Then I added a shelf under a work table I built a couple years ago.
The cheap, broken thing.
View attachment 75460
View attachment 75461
That's some good info. I'll see about adjusting it. My original bushing thing was very broken so it certainly did not help.That is sweet, the stock ones are getting fragile and hard to find, I think mine is partially broken...
That said, if it's popping out of 4hi it's probably the linkage adjustment not the bushing, although if you don't have a bushing that could do it from the geometry of the linkage... To adjust the linkage get the adjuster bolts loose, move the linkage into the 4hi detent on the transfer case then move the shifter into the 4hi corner, then lock down the bolts. When I first converted my '90 it popped out of 4hi and it turned out it was just the linkage adjustment...