• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your 2019 and up Ranger today?

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
Well 73k and some change it was finally time to rewrap the wheels.. Pretty decent mileage for factory treads. If it was a snowy winter here I definitely would have replaced a few months ago. 265/65r17 Toyo AT-III. Happy with the ride/look.

IMG_20230319_134531729_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230319_134539671_HDR.jpg

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Dropped mine off at the local garage for its yearly safety inspection.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Whelp... add me to the list of folks who've had their rear pads die way too early, 37k miles 🤷‍♀️.

Apart from that, no sticker for me quite yet. I forgot that I had undone one of my swaybar endlinks, and I need to make it look like I have a muffler lol. Need to hopefully find a stainless glasspack that has an I.D a hair bigger than the O.D of the start of the tailpipe.. slip it over and weld it on.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Over past few weeks I've added winchband winch tray, rear add a leafs, and RRW rock sliders. Now to start looking into some skids. View attachment 90242View attachment 90243View attachment 90244View attachment 90245View attachment 90246View attachment 90247
I’m pretty sure I have a couple links saved on rock sliders. I definitely have some for skid plates if you want me to post them up or DM you. Those are more of a wish list thing right now but I have them.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Whelp... add me to the list of folks who've had their rear pads die way too early, 37k miles 🤷‍♀️.

Apart from that, no sticker for me quite yet. I forgot that I had undone one of my swaybar endlinks, and I need to make it look like I have a muffler lol. Need to hopefully find a stainless glasspack that has an I.D a hair bigger than the O.D of the start of the tailpipe.. slip it over and weld it on.
I think the only reason mine are still holding on at about 60k is because I “religiously” inspect, clean, and relube my brakes every spring and fall.

Something I got into with the 2011 with as many problems I’ve had with the rear brakes. Though, I was pretty good with it on past vehicles before.

The 2019 has a much better design but I still do them anyway.

I think I’m on my third set of rotors and pads on the 2011 and it only has about 95k on it. Even with the spring and fall regimen.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I ordered a PPE aluminum transmission pan for the 2019. I have the transmission fluid and filter change and transfer case fluid change on the list for this spring. Since I have to drop the pan to do the job, I figured now is as good a time as any.

Plus, the OEM plastic pan is considered, by Ford, a throw away item every time the fluid is changed. I’ll be saving money in the long run as well as making the job cleaner and easier.

Not to mention the better cooling due to the pan material and the fact that it has ribs/fins on the pan.

They are back ordered at the moment but Stage 3 expects to have them back in stock in 2 weeks.

EDIT: I was reviewing the Ford Service Manual last night and the OEM pan being a throw away item is incorrect information. I don’t remember where I saw it but it is incorrect.

The pan is reusable. The pan gasket is reusable if undamaged. And the filter maybe reused if no excessive contamination is indicated.

I’m not so sure I agree with the filter but it is permitted if you so choose. With as complex as modern automatic transmissions are, the pan is already dropped and the filter has been removed in order to inspect it. One might as well change it.

Last edited:

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
I think the only reason mine are still holding on at about 60k is because I “religiously” inspect, clean, and relube my brakes every spring and fall.

Something I got into with the 2011 with as many problems I’ve had with the rear brakes. Though, I was pretty good with it on past vehicles before.

The 2019 has a much better design but I still do them anyway.

I think I’m on my third set of rotors and pads on the 2011 and it only has about 95k on it. Even with the spring and fall regimen.

It's given my dealer the third strike I do believe.

My dealer leaves one of those stickers on the window letting you know the status of brakes/battery/tires... my truck was just in there not that many miles ago for a servicing and they gave me the green check for the brakes lol. Brakes don't just go from in the green to grinding in that amount of time -__- they also didn't reset the oil life or fill my washer fluid up.. ugh. If you can't do the little things then wtf are you even doing?

I still think it's wayy too early to be doing pads... especially rear pads.. oh well. 54$ for whatever line of pads napa supplies the garage I went to.. not in stock but they'll have them Wednesday. Time to (attempt to) find my stupid spin-to-retract caliper tool kit I guess.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
It's given my dealer the third strike I do believe.

My dealer leaves one of those stickers on the window letting you know the status of brakes/battery/tires... my truck was just in there not that many miles ago for a servicing and they gave me the green check for the brakes lol. Brakes don't just go from in the green to grinding in that amount of time -__- they also didn't reset the oil life or fill my washer fluid up.. ugh. If you can't do the little things then wtf are you even doing?

I still think it's wayy too early to be doing pads... especially rear pads.. oh well. 54$ for whatever line of pads napa supplies the garage I went to.. not in stock but they'll have them Wednesday. Time to (attempt to) find my stupid spin-to-retract caliper tool kit I guess.
I had a Honda dealer like that, except the technician forgot to bleed the rear brakes after a rear suspension bushing replacement. I never went back for service of any kind.

I got the tool from amazon for the caliper piston. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FW3U26G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as the brakes themselves, I've made it no secret about how I feel about rear disc brakes. There was nothing wrong with the drums. They lasted longer, did the job just fine, and they were way less maintenance intensive. But we have what we have and one might as well minimize the issues there is with them.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
I had a Honda dealer like that, except the technician forgot to bleed the rear brakes after a rear suspension bushing replacement. I never went back for service of any kind.

I got the tool from amazon for the caliper piston. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FW3U26G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as the brakes themselves, I've made it no secret about how I feel about rear disc brakes. There was nothing wrong with the drums. They lasted longer, did the job just fine, and they were way less maintenance intensive. But we have what we have and one might as well minimize the issues there is with them.
I have the hazard fraught set, can't say I'm too terribly impressed with it... I almost immideately broke one of the pins off one of the little pad things trying to depress the piston on a Saab.

My luck actually suggests the ranger will need that same pad thing lol dammit. Well find out whenever napa gets my pads

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
I’m pretty sure I have a couple links saved on rock sliders. I definitely have some for skid plates if you want me to post them up or DM you. Those are more of a wish list thing right now but I have them.
I would love the link for the skids. After inspecting the bottom of the Ranger. I found the frame to be all scuffed up. I would also be interested in a link for the trans pan. That's my main concern. Seeing that the cross member holding the carrier bearing was scuffed too kinda makes me nervous as hard as I wheel it. Wring tire placement on the wrong rock could make a bad day with the plastic trans pan.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I have the hazard fraught set, can't say I'm too terribly impressed with it... I almost immideately broke one of the pins off one of the little pad things trying to depress the piston on a Saab.

My luck actually suggests the ranger will need that same pad thing lol dammit. Well find out whenever napa gets my pads
The amazon set I linked has worked pretty well so far. I’m either on my 3rd or 4th brake inspection using it and it seems to be holding up just fine. I didn’t even check HF to see if they had a set. HF tools are for when I don’t care how they hold up and are expected to be throw away after a use or two.

Though, I must say some of their tools has pleasantly surprised me on their durability. Like the bench grinder I’ve used the crap out of. That thing is still running strong 10 years later.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I would love the link for the skids. After inspecting the bottom of the Ranger. I found the frame to be all scuffed up. I would also be interested in a link for the trans pan. That's my main concern. Seeing that the cross member holding the carrier bearing was scuffed too kinda makes me nervous as hard as I wheel it. Wring tire placement on the wrong rock could make a bad day with the plastic trans pan.
I’ll send you what I have. I believe it there are three of them. At least one is aluminum, if you are looking to save on weight.

EDIT: Transmission pan - Direct manuafacturer link for the part numbers: https://ppepower.com/products/transmission-pan-heavy-duty-cast-aluminum-ford-10r80?variant=42081934049523
Stage 3 Motorsports where I ordered it: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/2019-2022-ford-ranger-transmission-pans.html

Skid Plates: Foutz Motorsports: https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/products/2019-ford-range-skid-plate
Hooligan Off Road: https://www.hooliganoffroad.com/products/2019-ford-ranger-skid-plates
Shrockworks (may be out of business): https://www.shrockworks.com/FRAN5-SKD-pr-16306.html

Differential skid plate: Foutz Motorsports: https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/products/2019-ford-ranger-differential-skid-plate
Rough Country: https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/products/2019-ford-ranger-differential-skid-plate

Last edited:

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
I’ll send you what I have. I believe it there are three of them. At least one is aluminum, if you are looking to save on weight.

EDIT: Transmission pan - Direct manuafacturer link for the part numbers: https://ppepower.com/products/transmission-pan-heavy-duty-cast-aluminum-ford-10r80?variant=42081934049523
Stage 3 Motorsports where I ordered it: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/2019-2022-ford-ranger-transmission-pans.html

Skid Plates: Foutz Motorsports: https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/products/2019-ford-range-skid-plate
Hooligan Off Road: https://www.hooliganoffroad.com/products/2019-ford-ranger-skid-plates
Shrockworks (may be out of business): https://www.shrockworks.com/FRAN5-SKD-pr-16306.html

Differential skid plate: Foutz Motorsports: https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/products/2019-ford-ranger-differential-skid-plate
Rough Country: https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/products/2019-ford-ranger-differential-skid-plate
Thanks. Looks like I've got to start saving again haha

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
The amazon set I linked has worked pretty well so far. I’m either on my 3rd or 4th brake inspection using it and it seems to be holding up just fine. I didn’t even check HF to see if they had a set. HF tools are for when I don’t care how they hold up and are expected to be throw away after a use or two.

Though, I must say some of their tools has pleasantly surprised me on their durability. Like the bench grinder I’ve used the crap out of. That thing is still running strong 10 years later.

I love me some HF tools. I've had decent enough luck over the years with stuff I've bought there.. but.. I'll only buy certain tools from them and ill read through pages and pages of customer reviews of whatever it is I need before I end up making my decision.

HF will surprise you sometimes...

The offset set of wrenches I bought for 20$ at HF probably a decade ago are the same exact fancy pants German wrenches my buddy buys off the tool truck at his work for 35$ a piece.. only they say Chicago on the handle and not Klausshnienengarten or whatever

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Oh.

Shrockworks is indeed out of business, too. They screwed over a lot of people.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals