• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What are your thoughts on nylon fuel line

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
They have a few things... but not what I'm looking for. They have kits with a new connector with 18 inches of line pressed on and a brass compression union in a kit several different ways and just a couple other popular do dads.

I'm really trying to do it clean... only union's will be where I tie into what I left for the old system.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I thought about doing nylon lines but there’s almost zero local availability for nylon stuff or -AN. Back when I priced the kit for the Dorman stuff it was a couple hundred for the kit. And it was the hairpin clips and crap. So when I needed to do something, I ended up going -AN. Part of that was influenced by the fact that I can plumb nearly anything with -AN, but the nylon is only good for fuel. I went with the PTFE braided line, kinda similar to nylon but with a braided sleeve over it essentially. Figured for long runs I’d use aluminum or stainless line. Heck, my 92 was missing a section of factory line from the tank to the filter and a previous owner put rubber line in that had pinholes all through it. I bent up some 3/8” aluminum, bulbed the ends and put rubber fuel injection hose to make the connections, needed to do something fast and cheap and that was what was on hand. Worked great.

mikkelstuff

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ok, the nylon fuel lines are fine IF they never need to be spliced. I inherited my Dad's 2002 Ranger and someone had butchered the fuel lines. I found it to be a real pain splicing those lines from under the truck - a very different story than splicing out on a workbench. In my case, it might have been easier to have removed the fuel tank first.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
I bought a whole tank to engine fuel supply & vent line for the HHR a few years ago. The original steel pressure line was leaking due to having heat protection around it where it went by the exhaust system and dirt/debris had collected. Yeah, a fuel leak right by the exhaust! I never even removed the original steel line, used it as my anchor point to zip-tie the new plastic line to. Found it on fleabay, dont recall the cost, hardest part was getting the original connection apart at the tank underneath the car.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals