• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What Are You Listening To???

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I am getting really tired of all the ancient super over played music anymore... "Portland's Rock Station" around me plays about 3 songs from the last 25 years, the rest is ozzy (would be fine, but I CANNOT take any more crazy train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Queen (would be fine, but it's just two songs, and each is played every 2 hours), Metallica (again, 2 songs every 2 hours) and that stupid annoying Evanascence song, I can't take that lady screaming... never liked that song... I have my 6 presets with one alternative station, that rock station, a hip hop station (I can't stand Jubil? in the morning, but it's what they have... so dumb and annoying) and a couple others that are a mix of stuff with rock and pop or whatever... I hear the new rock is junk but I wouldn't know, nothing plays any... the last preset is news, it's super annoying when me of all people would rather choose news over music or comercials... I have it for the rare occasion they might have a traffic issue that actually pertains to me, most of the time they're super late or repeat old wrecks that have cleared in my world...

I just ordered the new chilli peppers CD, Unlimited Love, the main played Black Summer is good, the rest isn't bad, I'd recommend it if you like their late 90's to '06 stuff, some sound similar... I know most hate on RHCP, but whatever, I'm not a big fan of some of their old stuff, I like their mellower stuff, just started playing Road Trippin...

But in the 335 hours my Winamp playlist has apparently (just under 5100 tracks) I have options... :). Yes I still use Winamp, will run that until I can't...

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
Jocko podcast

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I am getting really tired of all the ancient super over played music anymore... "Portland's Rock Station" around me plays about 3 songs from the last 25 years, the rest is ozzy (would be fine, but I CANNOT take any more crazy train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Queen (would be fine, but it's just two songs, and each is played every 2 hours), Metallica (again, 2 songs every 2 hours) and that stupid annoying Evanascence song, I can't take that lady screaming... never liked that song... I have my 6 presets with one alternative station, that rock station, a hip hop station (I can't stand Jubil? in the morning, but it's what they have... so dumb and annoying) and a couple others that are a mix of stuff with rock and pop or whatever... I hear the new rock is junk but I wouldn't know, nothing plays any... the last preset is news, it's super annoying when me of all people would rather choose news over music or comercials... I have it for the rare occasion they might have a traffic issue that actually pertains to me, most of the time they're super late or repeat old wrecks that have cleared in my world...

I just ordered the new chilli peppers CD, Unlimited Love, the main played Black Summer is good, the rest isn't bad, I'd recommend it if you like their late 90's to '06 stuff, some sound similar... I know most hate on RHCP, but whatever, I'm not a big fan of some of their old stuff, I like their mellower stuff, just started playing Road Trippin...

But in the 335 hours my Winamp playlist has apparently (just under 5100 tracks) I have options... :). Yes I still use Winamp, will run that until I can't...
You need pandora. I caught up with the 21st century and got a Bluetooth transmitter for my old truck a few years ago and havnt looked back since. The radio is such trash -__- ugh.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The greater Philadelphia area has some really good rock stations, although they have kind of thinned out in the past couple years.
Use to have a Rock variety station 93.3, Classic Rock 102.9, Alternative Rock (now just a top hit station) 104.5, Oldies station (now plays only 80s pop music) 98.1, and a Pop/Rock Variety station 95.7.

I was really disappointed when 104.5 changed their format, they didn't use to have a morning show at all, now they have a shitty prerecorded morning show that they play even on Saturdays.

When I started traveling for work I realized why so many people complained about the selection of music on the radio. If you were luck you got one station that was just ok. Even big cities like NY and LA.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I REALLY would rather listen to FM, as long as you are in range you are good, have to search here and there but hey, that's part of the adventure if you're on a road trip... Satellite and data based services are fine but I don't want to pay for it and if you're in the sticks even satellite gives out here and there so screw that... I know you can save stuff from Spotify since that's what the wife uses I think and she has a playlist for when we're driving together :), both our daily drivers have a casette adapter (kinda dates my vehicles...) so that works fine for the most part, my phone has like 400 mp3's on it which keeps me occupied... The explorer has a fancy double DIN touch screen $200 amazon special stereo with backup camera and bluetooth, it's fine, I just like not having to do extra junk with FM, any other option there's extra steps at times... heck, I need to pull some random junk off my phone MP3 wise, been a few years since I put them on there...

Still going through RHCP on my Winamp list, took it off of random yesterday for the first time in a while...

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"

Post it to Facebook, I dare you lol

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

oldgeek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
nothing. and enjoying it.

oldgeek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I bet Ludwig would be proud of this girl. Best thing is that she looks almost bored.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals