• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Were to get some off set rims

Jordan94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Today at work I had seen this truck come in and the tires and rims were sticking out of the truck quite a lot and i thought it looked really neat, There obvious off set rims but now id like a pair lol. Anyone know what size and dimensions I should be looking for i'm curious to find a set for a fair price and look aggressive with my BFG's Mud Terrain tires. thanks

TwoTrackMind

Reaction score
in my truck mostly, but I do hit the house in Mich
Vehicle Year
1998 et al
Make / Model
Ford/AutoZone
Engine Size
3.0L at best
Transmission
Manual
My TwoBits

Here you will be able to pick your backspacing/offset.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+4294923107+4294923106+4294755963+115+4294923105&Ns=P_SRE_DisplayPrice|0

If you look at Aero (or other racing wheels) note that they are not DOT approved for highway use (whatever that means) and you will have to address the 5/8in, 45 degree studholes (see "Howe Racing 2081" lugnuts).

U.S.Wheel, Cragar and others will custom build certain wheels to your specs for a slight additional charge.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
many people of..erm.."spanish" decent like to use wheel spacers to achieve this look.

keep in mind that having your wheels sticking out out past your fenders IS illegal and your opening yourself up for a world of harrasment by local law enforcement. on top of that, the crap that is thrown from your tires will make a mess out of the side of your truck and could potentially hurl road hazards towards people following you.

highly offset wheels and wheel spacers also reduce wheel bearing life.

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
many people of..erm.."spanish" decent like to use wheel spacers to achieve this look.

keep in mind that having your wheels sticking out out past your fenders IS illegal and your opening yourself up for a world of harrasment by local law enforcement. on top of that, the crap that is thrown from your tires will make a mess out of the side of your truck and could potentially hurl road hazards towards people following you.

highly offset wheels and wheel spacers also reduce wheel bearing life.
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl: to the first line. good one

Not illegal here in montana, to the second line.

Alot of people Love their truck caked in slop around these Parts'.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
Not illegal here in montana, to the second line.
http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca/61/9/61-9-407.htm

gonna have to disagree with you. subsection 2A.

as far as i know, its illegal in ALL states to have your tires stick out past your fenders (though, i could be wrong, i havnt studied all 50 state codes on the subject :icon_thumby:).

EDIT: this IS one of those laws that isnt always enforced. people get away with having their tires sticking out past the fenders all the time. im just pointing out that if a cop was in a bad mood and wanted to harrass you over it, he could.

Last edited:

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca/61/9/61-9-407.htm

gonna have to disagree with you. subsection 2A.

as far as i know, its illegal in ALL states to have your tires stick out past your fenders (though, i could be wrong, i havnt studied all 50 state codes on the subject :icon_thumby:).

EDIT: this IS one of those laws that isnt always enforced. people get away with having their tires sticking out past the fenders all the time. im just pointing out that if a cop was in a bad mood and wanted to harrass you over it, he could.
HOLY CRAP. You've got me on that one. I didnt know that. I have NEVER heard of people getting fined for tires sticking out ever. Hell, my pos jeep has no fenders, and the front tires have NO body covering them. I only drive that when im in ronan (on the Res) but, im surprised there are actually laws about it here. I see fullsize trucks around here sticking out a good 6" daily. Thanks for keeping me informed on my own state laws lol.:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals