• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Welcome Ram Mounts to the forum...

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Here's the magnetic base...I've used these on our tractor for phone holders and drinkholders. You can also use just the round base as a drill-down plate. These take a double-socket arm (those come in different lengths) and then that goes to the tablet holder.

What kind of tablet is it?
Samsung Galaxy...

I'm on the link that was provided in the first post. I don't see that magnetic mount or even the arms you speak of listed. Am I doing something wrong?

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Welcome to the forum...

I must have installed almost 200 RAM mounts on a fleet of forklifts... this is going back about 12+ years ago. If their quality is still the same, I’d recommend them to anyone looking for a top notch adjustable mount.

sfetter

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Samsung Galaxy...

I'm on the link that was provided in the first post. I don't see that magnetic mount or even the arms you speak of listed. Am I doing something wrong?
No...my web site is a work "in progress" but slow progress. I also have an ebay store and most of what I have is on there but it's a daunting task. The ebay store is here:

I'm working on getting fetteraviation.com updated now; will send up a flare when there's some progress. Meantime, if you see something on the ebay store let me know - it will be cheaper & free shipping.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Mine is a custom combo from individually ordered pieces. It holds my phone on the handlebars of my Suzuki DRZ 400, well enough that I was able to record my lap on a facility motocross track. My only problem on the bike was the kickstand flopping over whoops and jumps lol, phone did not budge.

John97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan Titan XD
Engine Size
5.6 Endurance V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
265-60-20
I had a RAM laptop mount in an E150 work van years ago, a quality product for sure.

sfetter

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I had a RAM laptop mount in an E150 work van years ago, a quality product for sure.
And I still sell a lot of that one, even though those vans have been out of production for quite a while.

vigness

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I've got the OTR800. The 800 and the 1000 use the 22mm ball. ( 7/8" ). Last I check the RAM mounts are all 1". I know there are some adapters, but I have no room for extra bits and pieces. I tried an adapter to the 17mm from some old mounts I have, but the 800 and 100 are a lot heavier and have a base that actually tightens instead of just a spring clamp the 17mm ones use. The spring has no where near the holding power necessary for the bigger units. It did come with a 1" ball mount, but it was the ball, not the socket. And as I said, I don't have room for all the extra bits in between.

I'd love to find something like that magnetic / screw down combo with the 22mm ball.

Had a friend that was going to just print me one with his 3D printer, but it's not high on his priority list since he has to design from scratch.

sfetter

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Two thoughts...looking at the Garmin site, supposedly those GPS units came with an AMPS pattern adapter and a 1" ball - that would let you connect it to the RAM "B" size hardware. And, if the GPS has bolt holes in the AMPS pattern (which most of them seem to these days) then the RAM bases would match up with it - RAM-B-347U, RAM-B-202U, etc., see pictures. From there, it's an easy jump to whatever floor, suction cup, or other system. RAM typically has not produced form-fit custom holders for a lot of the newer Garmin offerings for that reason - it's easier to just screw the RAM base to the factory holes in the GPS, rather than add the bulk of a full holder.

The other thing would be to put the GPS in an X-grip holder with the 1" ball. (4th picture) From the size specs on the Garmin site, looks like that would work.

And if you need something stronger, all this hardware is also available with a 1.5" ball.

Hope this helps....

Attachments

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I like Ram products. They just seem a bit pricey. I have the X grip phone holders in both my F150 and Ranger with various brackets and also an adaptor to hold a GoPro in the Ranger.

Here's the setup in my Ranger.
20210401_123658.jpg

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Samsung Galaxy...

I hit the JY and snagged a second ashtray and removed the face plate:

Drilled two holes and mounted the base:

Viola!

I used a ball connector to go from the ball mounted on the ash tray to the ball on the back of my GPS mount.

20220218_171338.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals