• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Weird Clicking

buckshotz43

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic

fourwheelford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
I can't see the pictures but if I understantd what your saying your talking about your ac compressor, it cycles on and off with the defroster or ac on but it shouldn't with everything off. Floor, bi-level, defrost-floor, defrost and a/c use the compressor to keep mositure and condensation down or something like that. Mine is also loud when I first got the truck it was my first a/c vehicle and the first one I had that was newer that 1990 and I thought it was backfiring under the hood now if I have to climb a hill I just make sure I run the straight vent to keep from robbeing power.

Last edited:

buckshotz43

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah it just keeps running off and on all the time and I'm not sure why it didn't start doing that until this summer ive noticed a loss in power on the interstate with it kicking on and off idk if i should let it go or maybe look into replacing it or something

fourwheelford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
It could be going bad if you need power switch off the a/c or change your heat to upper vent only that should keep it from going on and off.

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
its the ac compressor clutch engaging and disengaging, its supposed to do this and you will lose power when its on because now you have the added drag of that pulley

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals