• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Weighing Options WADDAYATHINK

Jason_J

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So, I'm in a position that I can either keep my Ranger and do it up nice, or get a new truck. I have never been a fan of buying new vehicles considering the drop in value the second they leave the lot, not to mention this Ranger is really growing on me. The things I would want to do are the following:

5.0 swap - Can get a wrecked out Explorer for under a grand then rebuild the motor so I know it's strong. I would also cam it and throw some rocker arms in it for shits n giggles. Have had a few Fox Body Mustangs and its an easy motor. The only downside I have seen is that I think the only tranny that will work is an AWD auto.....I may be wrong. Still have research to do on the swap. I could probably get at least a few hundred for the 3.0 thats in it right now, less than 100 miles on the rebuild.

Lift - SAS or a Superlift, I still have some research to do on this one. I dont do any extreme off roading like some of you. But I do hit the dunes in oregon a few times a year, and we have some cool trails around here. Not to mention the trips to the mountain, and the occasional trail blazing to a new fishin' hole.

Wheels/tires - 15x10 soft 8's and BFG A/T 33x12.5 (have had these on several trucks and I really like them)

Facelift - Will definately change my grille and lights to 2001-2003 style, its my favorite. And, I'll probably do some other poser type shit to it as well, I hear limo tint adds at least 10rwhp.

Thoughts/ideas? :icon_confused:

Last edited:

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
Keep the Ranger dude! It's an RBV, and once you get the 5.0 in it will be time to BLAZE some trails.

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
BTW, nice diff cover!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals