• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Weak vacuum on white hose

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
I'm trying to diagnose an a/c issue where the a/c goes to defrost when I accelerate. I noticed when going through the vaccum lines that my outside/recirculate door motor does not work. The door is not open when the knob is on Max A/C. I pulled off the vacuum line and the vacuum seems pretty weak when the line is off. I compared it to vaccum at the switch and there is a difference in vaccum strength. Could a leak on that part of the vacuum circuit cause enough of a vacuum drop during acceleration to make the system default to defrost?

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
I already figured it out. The vacuum line for the water heater control valve was unplugged causing the leak. Now the recirculating door opens and the a/c does not go to defrost anymore. It still does go to defrost on near wide open throttle, but I guess that is to be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtg143

U.S. Military - Veteran
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4l
Transmission
Automatic
Glad to hear you found the major leak. There must be a smaller one for it to still do that unless you're really on it hard for a long time. Thanks for the update.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Another update, I was using the a/c from work to home and when I got home, I found coolant leaking from the heater control valve. That was probably why it was unplugged in the first place. So I am going to try a new heater control valve to see if it will maybe completely solve the a/c issue too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals