• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Water pump - pipe?

dougdnh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I have a '95 Mazda B2300 2.3 (ranger) that needs a new water pump. It looks fairly straight forward, except for the big rusty pipe coming out of the pump, behind the alternator that connects to the lower radiator hose. I'm hesitant to start pulling the pump out, since I don't know whats involved in getting the pipe unhooked from the pump. Is it just forced into the pump? Should the pipe come out with the pump? Is the pipe somehow attached to the block?

Duane867

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
The pipe I "think" you are referring to is the out let from the pump to the radiator.
It is a part of the pump. It is pressed and brazed in place and should not be removed.
It comes on the new pump already installed.
You simply remove the clamp and hose from the outlet pipe.
You have an inlet on top that goes straight in to the top of the block that looks like a ball with a pipe sticking out of it and a heater hose pipe sticking out of the same piece.

Pump installation and removal

Removal:
1: Drain cooling system, remove fan shroud retaining screws and place fan shroud over fan.

2: Remove fan blade bolts then remove both fan and shroud.

3: Remove drive belts.

4: Remove water ump pullet then vent tube to canister.

5: Remove heater hose to water pump then the timing belt outer cover.

6: Remove lower radiator hose from water pump.

7: Remove water pump attaching bolts then the water pump.

8: Use a putty knife of HARD plastic scraper to remove any stuck on portions of old gasket.

9: Clean gasket sealing area and install new pump in reverse procedure.

lonewaya

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just sis my 2.3 the pipe your talking about just slides into the water pump you take the lower hose off and the heater hose also and there are to little bolts that hold that pipe in place everything is a 10mm so once you remove the bolts from the waterpump and take lose the two bolts holding the timeing cover in place and pop it free a little then slowly turn n pull on your water pump and it will slide out of that tube you see from the lower hose and just reverse it when putting it back together put your waterpump back in bolt it and then push the tube backup in the waterpump and bolt the tube back in place and go from there putting everthing back on good luck it fun doing it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals