• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wagy dana 44 axle perchs

blue88b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 ranger
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
so on this wagoneer dana 44 i picked up, the spring perches are on the bottom of the axle, and the driverside one is cast into the diff. what are some ways to flip them to spring over axle with out widening the distence between the springs?

thanks
-Jas

blue88b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 ranger
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
guess what i need to know is, can i just grind the top side of the housng down a bit and weld too it? i know wit hcast you need to slowly heat up before weldin and cool down very slowly. would it compromize any strength of the housing? I'm making spring perches now out of 2.5" square tube. 1/4 thick, on the driver side axle perch i'm going to cope one side radius larger than the other to cmpensate for the lip next too the axle tube. Does this sound alright?

so i even need to heat up and cool down slowly, would it matter on the diff housing.

Natedog57

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
TT's Fabworks makes them, saves some trouble. Yes you can do this, search the waggy forums, very common SOA swap. Better to weld a little at a time unless you can heat/cool in controlled manner whole housing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals