• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Vin locations

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I remember that thread, but this guy only has one post. Can you find the other one?

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
I remember that thread, but this guy only has one post. Can you find the other one?
a few down from the first one in this thread

AJ

stendec

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Transmission
Automatic
WOW .. that was unexpected...
didn't know asking for vin makes u a crook.
i live in europe and if u want to buy a car here u go to notary office and make a contract with the seller - you pay him the money and take the car
than u go through the DMV to change the registration of the vehicle, and during this process they inspect the vehicle -- and if the vin stamped is any different than what the papers say ...
guess what - they seize the vehicle

that is why if u wanna buy car is it a good idea to check for yoursef if the papers match the frame or the engine number.
especialy when it comes to vehicles that are modified like my bronco ii - axels are from explorer engine other suspension parts -
only god knows what the previous owner did and where the parts came from.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
WOW .. that was unexpected...
didn't know asking for vin makes u a crook.
i live in europe and if u want to buy a car here u go to notary office and make a contract with the seller - you pay him the money and take the car
than u go through the DMV to change the registration of the vehicle, and during this process they inspect the vehicle -- and if the vin stamped is any different than what the papers say ...
guess what - they seize the vehicle

that is why if u wanna buy car is it a good idea to check for yoursef if the papers match the frame or the engine number.
especialy when it comes to vehicles that are modified like my bronco ii - axels are from explorer engine other suspension parts -
only god knows what the previous owner did and where the parts came from.
holy dead thread Batman!

at any rate, we aren’t trying to say the guy was trying to be a crook. Think about it, someone comes here an their first and only post is to ask something like that on a public forum? You’re likely to get a similar response anywhere with that approach. The poster could be entirely truthful, but we have no way to know. Additionally, even though they may be honest, other people reading the topic years later as you have done may or may not be so honest. It’s an open forum, anyone can read it even without signing up, so there’s no way to make sure only honest people ever read it.

there are various places on a car that have either a full or a partial VIN. There are ways to find some of them, but it’s not always easy. It’s known the VIN plate and door sticker has it and it’s known the engine has it or there would be almost no way to determine if it’s an original motor. There’s more, but that’s up to you to find or to take to a reputable place that can check.

dccarpenter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Not defending OP, but I bought a Jeep once many years ago and accidentally did laundry with the title in my pocket ruining it. The seller was moving and his cell number was disconnected.

I called the West Virginia DMV as it had been a WVa car, I was told I would have to let them verify the VIN from the dash and either the door sticker or a rubbing from the frame. They wouldn't tell me where on the frame though, I even got in touch with the people verifying and they couldn't tell me either. I ended up just giving up and selling it, which was a shame because it was a nice truck for what it was.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals