• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Vin locations

lagg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 00 ford ranger. Im wondering if there is any other vin locations other than the dash plate and the door sticker? Id there any stamped on the body itself?

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
You would need a GREAT reason to get that information from this site. No one will give any information that will help dishonest folks, not saying that you are dishonest.

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
Maybe he wants to know if he has the original engine.... Some people like to know whether they have the original drivetrain. We didn't know the motor had been replaced in our Contour until our shop mentioned the motor was not original.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have a 00 ford ranger. Im wondering if there is any other vin locations other than the dash plate and the door sticker? Id there any stamped on the body itself?
Yes and yes. I can't wait until there are rfid's cheap enough for the automakers to have imbedded in the primer. Then I would like to be able to buy that tech for myself for my stuff. I remember seeing a show on that tech.
I hate thieves.

Richard

lagg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Well my reason is. when i got my truck it had no title with it. So to get the title i had to take off the vin plate and get a carbon copy. Now over the years and moving across the country ive lost my vin plate. So i need an alternate location on the body to show that matches the sticker to get vin verification. The truck is in no way stolen at all. When i went through the process of getting the title it was registered to me and taged in my name.

Thanks

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I wouldn't be able to tell you specifics as I don't know. However, you could hope that whichever government agency that is checking would have a good idea where the stamped vin would be or have a book or computer program to refer to. But there is a good reason why 'government intelligence' is the poster child for 'oxymoron'.

Richard

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Take it to a legal place that does this, Bro. We can't help you out...sorry...out of concern for others.....we all hate crooks....lol

Thugology101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
I like how everyone jumps on the OP about dishonesty and thievery right away. Case in point. Right this moment I'm searching for this information to scrap my 91. But I have the dash for my 4.0 conversion in my 86 and the doors were perfect so I kept them to sell. Trying to figure out how I can prove to the scrap yard this is in fact the truck that title belongs to. Not everyone wants to know because of bad intentions.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Not every one but many do have bad intentions when it comes to VINs.

Any Scrap yard should know where to look for frame VINs, they don't want to get stuck with stolen property that they have to give back after paying good money for.

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I guess that's the difference between american and foreign... my buddy's Honda has the VIN stamped on at lest 3 places that were immediately obvious, Lord knows where that wasn't obvious. I haven't seen anything that wasn't installed by an insurance company on my Ranger...

applet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
vin location on block

i bought a 2002 ford ranger that had a motor swap done on it, and i am running rich on bank 1 and 2, i have replaced all the 02 sensors, maf sensor, and all 6 injectors, according to the vin on the truck it's not a flex fuel, but i need to know where on the block i can find the vin to see if the motor that they dropped in it was a flex fuel, since i have injectors for non flex in it. I should have stated the motor swap was done by previous owners.

any help would be appreciated as this is my only vehicle and i can't afford it crapping out on me.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
i bought a 2002 ford ranger that had a motor swap done on it, and i am running rich on bank 1 and 2, i have replaced all the 02 sensors, maf sensor, and all 6 injectors, according to the vin on the truck it's not a flex fuel, but i need to know where on the block i can find the vin to see if the motor that they dropped in it was a flex fuel, since i have injectors for non flex in it. I should have stated the motor swap was done by previous owners.

any help would be appreciated as this is my only vehicle and i can't afford it crapping out on me.
I believe that the only flex fuel engine that was put in Rangers was the 3.0 and that was started in the late 90s. So if your Ranger is non Flex Fuel, you likely have a 4.0 v6 or a 2.5 I4. (the other two engine options) Since you have 6 injectors, I am leaning towards the 4.0. since your truck is a 2002, you will have the SOHC 4.0.

Also, between the 3 engines listed above, the transmissions are *not* interchangeable, so if the previous owner swapped the engine out, he would have to get the same engine for it to even bolt up, or change out the transmission and engine as a whole unit, and the older non flex fuel 3.0's will not be compatible with the 2002 ECMs, so while you could use the block and heads, you would need to reuse the original flex fuel intake.

Flex Fuel Rangers also have a little green and yellow corn emblem on the tailgate.

Hope this helps,

AJ

planeflyer21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Which engine was swapped into your truck? That would be good info.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The original post is from 2012. The OP has only 2 posts total.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
The original post is from 2012. The OP has only 2 posts total.
yep, the Thread Necromancer asked a somewhat related question a few days ago as he was wanting to determine via VIN what engine he has. From what he posted, I think he has a 4.0 SOHC.

AJ

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals