• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Video Format Conversion

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Is there a program or website that can do conversions of video formats? I got a digital video camera a few months ago and love it. Problem I have is it records in MP4 format and I can only play it on Quicktime. For one thing I can't stand Quicktime and also I want to send the videos to other people but most of their computers can't run MP4 format videos. Is there a way to convert the video formats to AVI, MPG or MPEG?

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Most video editing software allow you to specify what format you want the end product to be in. I think even windows movie maker allows this. I use ulead.

backwoods

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Super is a good program.

Another easy method is Freemake.

Freemake is incredibly easy. The best quality method is to use Handbrake, but it is a little more complex. Most computers should be able to play mp4 just fine without quicktime. What extension is it giving the file?

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Is there a program or website that can do conversions of video formats? I got a digital video camera a few months ago and love it. Problem I have is it records in MP4 format and I can only play it on Quicktime. For one thing I can't stand Quicktime and also I want to send the videos to other people but most of their computers can't run MP4 format videos. Is there a way to convert the video formats to AVI, MPG or MPEG?
First ask what operating system they are running.
If they are running XP or Vista I can see them having issues with mp4's
If they are running Windows7 the default program to read mp4 files is
set wrong (or not set at all)

For limited uses "YouTube downloader"
http://download.cnet.com/YTD-Video-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html?tag=rb_content;main;pop

Has a secondary function of "Converting" video file formats.

it has a lengthy list of formats it will convert from and to, but generally I use it to convert TO mp4. (most often from .flv the "normal" file type on YouTube)

Windows7 comes with "Windows Media Player 12" AND "Windows Media Center"
either of which play mp4 natively.

mrkistle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Go to http://forums.afterdawn.com/
Do a little research. I haven't used the site in a year, but this is where I went when I needed help or had questions.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals