• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Very Mild '03 Ranger

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Got some new tires! It's actually been about a year. 235/75-15 Duratracs. They've been great, and have been wearing well (20,000 miles).
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Goodyear Duratracs make just about any truck look better. And white walls out, I like it! :icon_thumby:

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I got a winch last week. It's a Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500. I'm taking a welding class at school and hoped I'd be able to use the shop there to make a mount for the winch, but apparently I would have to submit plans to whoever is in charge of the shop, and have them approved before I can use it for personal projects. I didn't have time for that, so I picked up a Hobart Handler 140.

I didn't get any gas, so I spackled it all together with flux core :icon_welder: But I got some good penetration and some decent looking welds. It's all 1/4", most of which being 6" flat bar and a piece of angle on the front to stiffen it up and to mount the fairlead to.

Fitting it up

Trimmed the bumper brackets, fits a little tighter

Bumper height before winch

My tiny shop/work area

Almost ready to be mounted. Just have to burn it all in

Not bad for flux core! (minus the spatter)

I got it mounted, wired, and spooled today. I'll have to throw some more pictures up tomorrow. I'll trim the plastic valence so its tucked away real nice.
The fairlead sticks out in front of the bumper a half inch at the very most.

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Here it is all mounted up

Looks like the added weight to the front end only dropped it about an eighth inch. Those are some stiff springs! I'll get the plastic valence trimmed and mounted tomorrow, hopefully.

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
And got the bottom of the bumper back on. I'm happy with the results. I'll paint it after I'm sure I don't need to add any gussets. I'll make a few pulls just to make sure it's strong enough.

I did a shear analysis on the bolts and a bearing analysis on the mount and the frame, and I have a factor of safety of over 6 for both (assuming 9500 lbs is applied to the cable). Still need to do an analysis on the welds, but I think it'll hold.

Divh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
IT looks so clean and like it was there from factory nice job

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals