• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Very Mild '03 Ranger

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Well I changed the color of my emblems, and did a pretty crappy job. I tried to change them to a silver background with black lettering but it just didn't turn out great, so I have a set of new ones on the way. It isn't fun being a poor college student lol. There's a lot of things I'd like to do but all I can afford is little things like the emblems that only require spray paint. But I have two more weeks of classes until I start working full time. Oh, and the Ranger is PAID OFF!!!!!! That's such an awesome feeling! But anyway, here's a few pics for your viewing (dis)pleasure.

close up of the front

and the rear

I just wasn't patient with them. I'm bad about rushing through stuff like that. But I'll just leave the new ones blue.

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Haven't updated in a while! But I left off on emblems. New ones are good. And I mounted a hi lift in the bed, and just ordered cragar soft 8's! Pics to come.

06_FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'd love to see the latest results.
BTW - what gears do you have in the rear end?
Congrats on the pay off. It's a great accomplishment.
Paid off vehicles that run well are always hard to part with, that's why I've had my 98 XLT for 12 years.

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
So I finally got some pictures of my wheels. Looking back at the first picture in my post, its hard to believe its the same truck! :icon_bounceblue:

Oh I just noticed I still need to put a little black paint on my weights :icon_thumby:

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
...and I have 3.73's.

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Got a few new pictures. I decided to paint my chrome caps on the wheels. Not a big fan of chrome. But I painted those and the wheel weights, and snapped a few pictures.

Then I built this handy little box to go behind my seat to keep all my crap from rolling around. At first, I was just going to make it sit behind the driver's seat, but decided it would make more sense to make it go all the way across. So I removed the little bracket that holds the jack and handles, and mounted it inside the box.

More space behind the seat without the jack

The black box

Don't you love $0.99 paint jobs?

And all my crap in it. The jack is burried under the red bag behind the passenger's seat, and I have a collection of various tools, tow straps, and tie-downs.

And here's how I mounted my hi-lift. Ok, its a Smitty-bilt, not the real thing, but its 54" of usefullness. A keen eye will have noticed the lift mate in my new box :D

Its nice and out of the way there. I just have it bolted to the bed liner with some wing nuts for convenient removal.

How did this get in there? :icon_confused::D

My K7 GSXR600

That's it for now. Oh, I mounted some tow hooks up on the front, I just forgot to take pictures. I'll try to get some more soon. Thanks for looking :icon_thumby:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Looks really good with the new rims man!
ur doing a great work on that truck.

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Thanks! There's a lot of stuff I'd like to see done to it. Funds just aren't there now. Started college full time and had to quit my job, and I can't stand it lol.

edit: if I come into any cash anytime soon, it'll be getting an 8.8 with 4.10's. They go on craigslist for cheap around here, and probably even cheaper at a junkyard. After that, it'll get a front axle...

Last edited:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
I totally recomend the 4.10 gears, i got a set installed on my truck and its a whole new truck, even with 31"s. i bet it could do a huge improvement on the more powerful duratec.
If ur not into hardcore stuff, even a 7.5 could work. Im still with the 7.5 and its been holding my abuse just fine.
I hear you with the tight money man, but thats what makes this more fun LOL.
I really want to do the headlight paint on my moms 03.

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Well, my reasoning behind an 8.8 is I could more likely find one already set up with 4.10's, and possibly l/s. But if I happened upon a cheap set of gears I'd be up for learning to install them myself. With any of that kind of stuff, I figure its better to buy the tools and materials and do it yourself rather than pay somebody. At the end of the day, you'll have the tools and experience to do it again, and might even save a few dollars.

And the headlight thing was a cool mod. Bake headlights on middle rack at 200 degrees F for 2-4 mins. Pry apart with knife.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
gears can be a finnecky thing to do , i work as an automotive tech and i love drivetrain work , but setting up new gears can be a pain , i still find it to be some of the easiest work though

and the truck is lookin pretty good , the whole look of the truck just flows so smoothly , none of it is harsh compared to the rest , looks so nice

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Thanks :D that's exactly the effect I want it to have! I just checked out some good work on your build also :icon_thumby:

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
looks good! gears make a huge difference. but then again, i went from a 225/70R15 to a 32/11.50R15LT lol. i ended up with 4.56 gears. but you could put in 4.10 and be fine.

i hear you on tight money. my wishlist is about $6000, but i can usually only swing 3-400 monthly towards the truck.

ahhh... i love my money pit lol.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
I did my friends 04 ranger headlights a while ago and its an easy job LOL
i meant finding a 7.5 4.10 geared axle, in case u cant find a 8.8.

Setting them is not an easy task. my cousin did mine, he knows how to, but i had the face of a scared monkey all the time.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
yea i had mine built with all the best.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals