• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Very cool car hauler.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Holy crap. Thats awesome.

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
You guys notice the "Tonka" decals on the ramp side?

That is slicker than greased snot! Why? How?

My hats go off to the creator of this beast! is it FWD or are the wheels hydralically driven?

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
there was a full size pickup for sale here in town a while back that was similar. the rear wheels didnt fold out like this one, but the inside of the bed would drop all the way to the ground like that to load whatever... unfortunately at the time i was young enough that i didnt pay any attention to the rear axle/suspension... i wish i would have taken a closer look at it now

babytruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
those German trucks are kick *ss. check out there military unimogs some can climb 2 to 3 foot walls straight up.

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
there was a full size pickup for sale here in town a while back that was similar. the rear wheels didnt fold out like this one, but the inside of the bed would drop all the way to the ground like that to load whatever... unfortunately at the time i was young enough that i didnt pay any attention to the rear axle/suspension... i wish i would have taken a closer look at it now
There's a dodge pickup out here that was forsale with the bed you speek of, the guy tried to make a go of them and they just didnt take off like he expected, what was done was the entire rear axles were removed and the wheels were mounted freely with bearings and such or how ever they did it wich gave room for the truck bed floor to go right down the the ground. The big downside to these's trucks setups were that they used 4x4 trucks, and used the front wheels to power the truck full time and its main source of momentum, talk about asking for problems with the drivetrain,

Ryan

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
There's a dodge pickup out here that was forsale with the bed you speek of, the guy tried to make a go of them and they just didnt take off like he expected, what was done was the entire rear axles were removed and the wheels were mounted freely with bearings and such or how ever they did it wich gave room for the truck bed floor to go right down the the ground. The big downside to these's trucks setups were that they used 4x4 trucks, and used the front wheels to power the truck full time and its main source of momentum, talk about asking for problems with the drivetrain,

Ryan
As the unimog and i'm sure the dodge you speek of the front ends are mosified to withstand normal wear and tear. badass either way you look at.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I was gonna say thats nothing... they have tow trucks up here that the flat part pretty much just slides off the back and lays flat on the ground then the truck drives on or gets rolled on and they strap it down and then the flat bed just kinda rolls back up on the truck.

But that is WAY cooler! lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals