• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

VaGent's Bronco II

VaGent

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 Bronco II
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

The first 2 pictures are of my newest BII I just bought for my son. It's got 141,000 miles, 2.9 5 speed with the electric transfer case. It's got Explorer tires & wheels that are 265/75/16 in size. It came with a new rebuilt M50D tranny with a new clutch, pressure plate & throwout bearing along with the slave cylinder & flywheel. I've had to replace the driver's side window motor & lock actuator, cleaned the throttle body & IAC valve as well as replace the valve cover gaskets, thermostat, distributor cap & rotor, plugs, wires, air filter & replaced the oil & filter as well as the front & rear diff oil. Also installed new rotors & pads & rear shoes. Installed a new Alpine CD/mp3 player along with new speakers & tweaters. Also replaced the door striker bushings & lift gate struts. Had the front end aliened & the wheel bearings repacked & checked out. Everything is in great shape NOW & the 2.9 does not have the usual lifter "TICK" that most 2.9s have. I got a great deal on the BII & my son is tickled pink with it.

The other pictures are of "Dad's"(me) 1990 BII that is the same as the first except it is automatic. It only has 76,864 one owner all orginal miles that I found sitting in the woods for over 2 yrs. The paint is faded badly & I have had to spend some money on it but as of now it is in near perfect condition other then the paint which is the next thing to take care of. I even have all the original sales paper, window stickers & owers manual for it too. It is my "BABY" & it runs GREAT!!

Both of these trucks have an appointment when the weather gets warmer to have 4.0 engines installed for more power. PLUS my son is already talking about "wheelin" his so I said go for it AFTER you learn how to drive it. Now you know why I am learning all I can about 4X4 trucks & all that goes with them.

I also have another '90 BII automatic 4X4 as well as a '89 BII 5 speed AND a '92 Explorer my other son drives as well as a '92 Explorer I am stripping out the 4.0 & wiring harness AND a '98 Explorer that I am having a new 5.0 installed as the engine is bad in it now. Just bought a rebuilt 4.0 complete off of craigslist that I picked up with all the paper work to prove when & what all was done to it. Do I like FORD TRUCKS??? damn straight I do & I love this site as I have met a lot of nice people & learned so much from everyone. TRS IS THE BEST!!!

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
nice rigs, tires look a little big on your sons-- and might rub a bit, you have plans to lift it/ trim the fenders?

any plans to lift yours? you better get a winch for one of them, preferably his, so you dont have to go recover him every time he gets stuck :)

VaGent

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 Bronco II
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks Compleckz My son's BII had Explorer tires & wheels on it when we got it. They are 265/75R/16. When I drove it home I checked it out to see if they rubbed at all & there was none at all. It has Add-A-Leaf rear srpings on it that I will be changing to Explorer springs as soon as the weather breaks here. I've changed them out to 215/75R/15s for the time being as the bigger tires are too much for the stock engine & clutch in my opinion. I'm planning on swapping out the 2.9 for a 4.0 in the very near future with the 4.0 clutch set up too.

As for mine, I've done all I am going to do to it for now except get it re-painted back the original colors & swapping in a 4.0 for it too. I've already replaced the stock springs with Explorer springs front & rear, added new HD shocks, replaced thr trailing arm bushings, brakes, rotors & new drive shaft, complete exhaust system & tuned it up. Also installed a A4LD out of a '92 Explorer 4X4 that had just been rebuilt. I am also replaceing the electric hubs to manual hubs. Other then this, I don't have any other plans for mine as I want to keep it as close to stock as I can.

I have 6 of these Bronco IIs that I have aquired within the past year. Three were given to me just for coming & getting out of people's yard so they could get rid of them. All of them run good except I need to replace the engines in 2 of them as the head gaskets are blown. They are all 4X4 except for my White '89 which is 2 wheel drive that I am fixing up for my wife to drive around town. I just put a newly rebuilt '92 Ranger A4LD in it & did away with the dummy transfer case & had a new drive shaft made to fit. It runs really strong & has 171,000 original miles on it & is rust free.

I really enjoy playing with these BIIs & willing to trade or sell parts I am not in need of.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
so what are you going to do with the 2.9's when you swap out? Id be interested in them.

VaGent

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 Bronco II
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They will both be for sale or swap for some things I am wanting for my BIIs. I will have 3 of these engines available for sale. They all run very good & do NOT have the usual "ticking" of the lifters most 2.9s have.

What I am looking for is the following items: Lund Sunvisor with/without lights; chrome push bar, nerf bars or running boards preferably chromed. If you need anything or want something I possibly have, email me at d4000@comcast.net.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals