• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Vacuum line identification

0814Artillery

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
My 2003 Ranger with the 2.3L was running lean. I found it was a vacuum leak. Temp fix I plugged the line. Than I had the time to go in and see where the line went to replace the thing. after taking to intake manifold off I found the damn like was broken off and I have no idea where I am supposed to route this thing. it was also melted in a part. Just bad all around. Can some one tell where this thing is supposed to hook up at? I'm going crazy here. :not_i:

Attachments

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
On my 2009 (same engine) that line runs to the evap canister purge valve mounted on the drivers side inner fender. Vacuum line routing does change though so I can't be 100% sure it's the same on your 2003.

0814Artillery

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Makes perfect sense. Explains why I just got a P0455 code. On a different note after I put it all back together I now lost me speedometer, tachometer, and the Parking break light indicator. I tell you, if it’s not one thing with this truck it’s something else. It there a wiring harness that I may have not hooked up when putting the air intake back on?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals