• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

V8 Swap Thread - 1994 B3000 "Victoria"

Merc4now

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I just started documenting my 98 to v8 swap, hope yours is going well.

Last edited:

Guanfy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
15in
It's going. I've had to pivot to a bunch of different projects recently so I haven't really done much more with it. I did recently pick up an Explorer Sport Trac 4.10 rear axle that I intend to modify and then install to make the rear more stout. The current plan is that I need to keep a truck like vehicle in service. My truck gets used quite a bit now that it's been operational for awhile. So... I need to get the 1993 GMC Vandura that I purchased up and running first. It's built on top of a Chevy Silverado HD2500 frame and has a 350 in it, so it will do truck things while my actual truck is down for the project.

FatboyShadetree78

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Transmission
Automatic
Like what your plans are for your build. In the early days of trs, a few members did the explorer 5.0 change into 94 and older rangers and they wanted to use a distributor instead of a coil pack. They said a computer and wiring harness from a 92-93 5.0 mustang work great. If you wanted to use a distributor instead of a coil pack, that would be a place to start.

If any of your 3.0 parts are good for reuse let me know. I have that engine in my 94 and I am always on the hunt for extra parts. Not many of those around anymore.
Once i get my 3.0 out of my 94 as well i might be able to trade something for it. I like shiny things and things that light up. Im simple like that lol i was thinking about rebuilding it but cost vs a V8 swap just makes more sense plus i wont have to rebuild a 332k mile motor.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals