• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

V8 Conversion Headers

joey74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I bought some stainless shorties for $140. A little dent in one spot and it should bolt up. Drivers side is pretty much In place. I'll be back with photos for the
passenger
It says you have a 99 . do you know the part # and where did you buy them. what motor mounts did you use and have you got stock cab mounts? Thanks

Hrphilipson

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Anyone tried these Patriot Clippster Headers H8433-B on an 86 4x4 by chance?

89Greenie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it don't fit, We'll make it!
Hey! Was wondering if anyone had any word on a possible set for a 351C swap, if not I can weld up my own possibly

Chris86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
86 ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
If you have anything other than a 302, your out of luck. Even some of the 302 offerings can sketchy fitment wise, also the more power you make the slimmer the offerings get. Once you need more than a 1 5/8 primary tube your s o l.

smilinjack

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
408C
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
2"
Tire Size
315 /35- 17
My credo
Always bite off more than you can chew!! :)
Hey Greenie, I went with Sanderson shorties, although I went with a K member for the rack and pinion steering to get rid of that bothersome steering box, which really screws up everything!! Constructed a 2" x 3" tube frame from the cab forward. It certainly wasn't in my build plans but after many measurements and try fits with the "C" block I really couldn't see any other way to git er done. And happy I did so, it gave me more options than I expected. Good luck with your build, my 351/408C is a gas to drive! :yahoo:

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Hey! Was wondering if anyone had any word on a possible set for a 351C swap, if not I can weld up my own possibly

My guess is no. I am placing a 351C into a 91 as another current project, and seems that running just stock exhaust manifolds is enough of a challenge for these trucks. I am sure making your own will be the best bet or going to a custom shop for something exotic. cheers and happy hunting/building. if you do get a set that works, please post up a pic or two, would love to see what you do. ps, is your front frame boxed in for more strength? added room problem there also.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals