• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

V6 4.0 bucking and jerking...

budgreen1986

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
hi every one, i have a 1995 v6 4.0 ranger splash, Recently i got gas at a speedway 20 mils from home and the next day my truck kicking and jerking run fine for a sec and do the same it idles rough , 6 mo. ago i had the o2 sen. changed and plugs and plug wires, Champion plugs .. the other day i put stp gas treatment in it ran the gas through, changed nothing, ran sea foam gas treatment and 93 oc. gas through it changed nothing, changed the fuel filter today and disconnected the batt. and it was dirty iv have the truck for 5+ years and never ever changed the filter ... i drove it a little and it seems a little better but still dose it ? any ideas you can pull out for me i would appreciate it ...thanks Buddy S. Green

Last edited:

budgreen1986

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
thought the same

I thought that at first, iv ran 8-10 gal. gas through it hoping that would fix the problem, Gotta Love Rangers :icon_surprised: , hope i can get this fixed bec. i start college back up next Monday and im desperately looking for some help i live in a med.sized town but all the mechanics around here seem incompetent. ..lol:icon_rofl:

Last edited:

powerranger262

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have found that the 4.0L are really picky about what plugs you use. I had a similar problem, so I replaced them with the Autolites, which ran like crap. So I put the Motorcraft plugs in it and it ran like new again.

budgreen1986

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have found that the 4.0L are really picky about what plugs you use. I had a similar problem, so I replaced them with the Autolites, which ran like crap. So I put the Motorcraft plugs in it and it ran like new again.
The ppl at NAPA told me autolites are Motorcraft is this true ?

budgreen1986

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Problem Resolved !!!!

I pulled the plugs and as i said in an earlier post i had Champions in it , anyway one of them was fried and the gapping was at .095 and it was burnt long stort short i put autolites in it bec of cost .... against what powerranger262 said ... the cost of the motorcraft was like 5.09 pc. and the AL`s were 3.09 pc.and after sinking 200.00 in it this week and not knowing if this would fix the prob. I put those in it thanks to all that posted reps to all you.....

Im gonna start another thread for this but what causes a plug to get ruined like that :icon_confused:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals