• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

using 4x4 on 1989 ranger?

ae_ce23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
I just bought my first 4x4 my ranger is a automatic has the shifter for the transfer case, not buttons on dash... and it looks like I have the kind where you need to lock the hubs... When I bought my ranger the manual didn't show what position is what.. and the original shifter handle has been replaced.. with a plain handle... I stumbled on this site, and it looks like my best hope to answer this.. its nice for the manual to tell me what conditions are good for what, but not tell me how to get there lol..

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Ok:
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/group.php?groupid=11

The cover pic of that group has your 4x4 shift pattern on it.

I have a spare stock bulb around somewhere that you can have, for the cost of shipping. I think I got it free with some other stuff when I bought my seats.

Had the seats, the console, and a few interior odds and ends that the yard owner just let me have for the price of the seats.

ae_ce23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
thank you

I just bought a new shifter from walmart on clearance, but thanks for the offer... I spent a few hours on google for this... thanks again

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad