• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

USB/AUX port to repalce cigarette lighter

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Putting the sterio in my 99 Ranger. The headunit does not have front USB and AUX ports, only on the rear. I want to have them easily acessable on the dash. I've seen people replace the cigarette lighter with a USB & Aux extension before. I like that solution and want to copy it on mine.

I purchased a USB/AUX extension plug deal on Amazon. Ended up being too big, but that was ok since my radio bezel has gotten brittle and cracked around the hole. I kind of had to enlarge it anyway so it wasn't an issue to open it on up for the port I got. It didn't end up looking quite how I wanted ,but it would do for now. That is until I got everything buttoned up and found out that port/extension cable wouldn't play nice with android auto. I'm going to have to pull the bexel and find another extension. I don't think the bezel is going to survive many more removals, so I'm going to get another bezel. I'd like to get a port that both fits well in the cigarette lighter location and works with Android Auto pass through. I'd prefer not having to enlarge the hole in the bezel that much again if it can be avoided.

Any of you done something like this? If so what did you use (link please), how does it work, and how does it fit?

Something like this image that stole from Reddit, but better fitting if possible, with AUX/USB instead of USB/USB, and I don't care about (or want) the volt meter.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals