• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

upper ball joint stuck

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Everyone needs to chill. Calling each other names is not permitted on the forums and can be punishable by a time out. For all involved. I would rather not be the bad guy here.

Sent from my kite using a trebuchet

Justion337

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I apologise for continuing to derail the thread, but in this day in age, if a "young person" has the ability to access the internet and more than 10 minutes alone, a few "crude" words as you put them are the least of the depravities that they've read or seen. I'm not trying to start anything, just stating facts. I was in that boat once, and that was 20 years ago when you actually had to put effort into finding "crudeness" on the interwebs.

jeremysdad

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
1991 Ranger 2WD. Spindle removed. Using a ball joint press from Autozone, my upper isn't moving and the c-clamp thing is bending... ideas?!? :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:
Don't feel bad...did the exact same thing, but using an 8 ft pipe as a cheater, and another through the knuckle as leverage. Bent the press and shattered the stud. Figured it out, and beat them all out with a 16 oz hammer. (Not in the rust belt). Lol

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
so.. I've been mildly surprised how easy things are coming apart in my 93 4wd dana 35. (except that damn clinch bolt.) the Ball joints came out quite easy. Being in the hvac (retired) trade helps.. all kinds of pipe and fittings in the shed.

heavy breather

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Not if we are going to talk about working on vehicles. Ford's standard trainee tool kit includes a tool box, assorted sockets, wrenches, ratchets, a small hammer, a big hammer, and a list of profanities most appropriate to the country and language the course is being taught in.
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl: Aint that the truth.

heavy breather

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
On a serous note, I have been the victim of a cheap ball joint press before. If servicing ball joints is going to happen more than a couple times in your life, the $150.00 OTC is well worth it, the $1000.00 Snap one might be a tad overkill though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals