• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Update to sitewide forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
For quite some time now I have felt that social media is dividing people and destroying our country. Some social platforms have even censored and banned people from their platforms. I don't want TRS (The Ranger Station) to become part of the problem.

In the past TRS has disallowed political discussions in the forum to prevent drama and feuding amongst the members. We have gotten laxed in this approach and it occasionally causes problems in the forum. I myself have been guilty of engaging in these discussions.

It's time to bring some civility back to the forum.

As a result, I have added the following paragraph to the Forum Rules:

Political & Conspiracy Topics:

As the owner of this site (Jim Oaks) I feel that social media is dividing people and destroying our country. Some social media platforms have chosen to censor its users because they don't agree with the opinion of the person posting the content. I do not want The Ranger Station to be part of the problem. While there is nothing wrong with discussing current events, discussion of politics and conspiracy theories that lead to any of the above Prohibited Conduct will not be tolerated.​

These topics tend to lead to Prohibited Conduct including:
  • Stalk, harass, threaten, flame, verbally attack or defraud other members.
  • Intentionally interfere with the operation of The Ranger Station or any member’s enjoyment of it, or intentionally post inflammatory statements to get responses (“Trolling”).
While I would never allow a member to be banned based on their opinions, we will ban members for violating conduct rules.

Sometimes people want to defend their action under Freedom of Speech. Our policy on that has been:
  • Freedom of Speech - Our house. Our rules. If we came in to your house and was offending you, your friends, or your family, you would kick us out. Likewise, we will do the same.
This rule applies to the Tailgate Forum as well, even though the rules in there are generally much more relaxed.

I appreciate your support and cooperation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals