• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Two part question...

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
I have two questions and one seems like it might as well go here....

Firstly, seeing as how I run E85 all year and have done so for years, does it make any sense to use injector cleaner? All injector cleaner seems to be is some form of alcohol anyways and I can't say that it seems to make any difference if I go for a while without dumping injector cleaner in. I also notice no difference whether using "HEET" in winter and I'm guessing its because it's basically alcohol as well. Just wondering what your thought are on this.

Second question (since I'm already starting this thread): I was hauling dirt in my ranger and it was loaded pretty good, enough that the back was squatting pretty hard, so I was wondering what I could do to make it so I can handle a little more weight without jacking it any higher, seeing as how the front of the truck already sits a little lower (I know I could level it by cranking the keys but never bothered) and I don't want it jacked any higher in back than it already looks. I've seen my friend's 2006 ranger and he has one more leaf in back than I do, otherwise I've counted the leaves in other friends' Rangers and they're the same - Off Road package or not. I really like my little truck and the 3.0 had no issues with the weight, though it was loaded enough that the brakes worked a bit harder and the crosswinds that day made things interesting (tail wagging ahoy!) so I'd kinda like to do a few things just to make hauling stuff a bit less white knuckle inducing.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I talked to the local spring shop with your exact concerns about adding capacity without altering the height. He suggested a product called Timbren. It replaces your existing bumpstop. They also require no air and have a lifetime warranty and satisfaction guarantee. I want to say he told me it added an additional 1,000 lbs. capacity.

http://www.timbren.com/

EDIT: Here is a direct link to your truck.

http://www.etrailer.com/susp-1999_Ford_Ranger.htm

Last edited:

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
Well thats intriguing.... you try it?

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I agree with your thoughts on the e85 or any blended fuel for that matter. I run regular gas in my work truck and have never used a fuel system cleaner. Gas is different than it was when we needed all that crap.

I think its a waste of money to buy most fuel additives.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Well thats intriguing.... you try it?
Not yet. I am going to get them though. Timbren stands behind their product with their guarantee. The other thing I found cool, was they make them for the front of some trucks as well for snow plow use. Those would get some serious abuse.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals