• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tunnel ram on 302

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I used staged linkage and the car runs faster in the quarter-mile with both carbs, slower when I disconnect the 2nd one.
The slowdown was likely due to the crappy fuel distribution from running a single carb. Had that carb been in the center(as in a 3x2), that would have been a different story :icon_thumby:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I never heard anyone say you couldn't put dual quads on a SB Ford. But I have heard many pros say that its a waste and the engine can't use all the flow they offer.
But it sure does look awesome. :icon_thumby:

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
But it sure does look awesome. :icon_thumby:
And doing things simply for looks is called "being rice". Something people here complain about all the time.

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
You're the only one I've ever heard say a tunnel ram was "rice" A tunnel ram DOES work in the correct scenario, unlike the expensive bolt on shit for econobox cars. ( cold air intakes in ghey colors, :icon_rofl:shiny fart can mufflers,:tease: gauges you don't need mounted prominently for all to see,:black_eye: etc)

Last edited:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ricer? The proper term that comes to mind is "Bad Ass"! But like stated, not in all cases, but sure to impress.
I think someone is biased and running tri-power!
Dave

347 Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 ranger 4x
Make / Model
!996 Ranger 2,3
Transmission
Automatic
At one time when there were no real good single plane manifolds avalable. A Tunnel ram was the only choice for a high RPM engine. Now that we have access to Intakes like the super victor. A tunnel ram has vary little use ,On the drag strip were you don't care about bottom end power a Tunnel ram will make good top end power . I have seen a well built Roller Cam 302 with an edelbrock torquer and 750 Dp, on a Dyno it stoped making power at 6600 rpm the intake just quite flowing. We replaced the intake and carb with two 650 dubble pumpers on a tunnel ram. The power jumped 100 hp and the engine made peek power at 8800 rpm . Tunnel rams do work in the right application, street use is not were you want a tunnel ram .

Last edited:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
At one time when there were no real good single plane manifolds avalable. A Tunnel ram was the only choice for a high RPM engine. Now that we have access to Intakes like the super victor. A tunnel ram has vary little use ,On the drag strip were you don't care about bottom end power a Tunnel ram will make good top end power . I have seen a well built Roller Cam 302 with an edelbrock torquer and 750 Dp, on a Dyno it stoped making power at 6600 rpm the intake just quite flowing. We replaced the intake and carb with two 650 dubble pumpers on a tunnel ram. The power jumped 100 hp and the engine made peek power at 8800 rpm . Tunnel rams do work in the right application, street use is not were you want a tunnel ram .
:icon_thumby: I'd like to introduce you to a non believer over on StangNet.com. :D He's been insisting you cannot make power over 6500 with any roller 302. His handle is 10secgoal.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals