• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tucking 33's

jkeckss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
What company is that in Cali? Glassworks? Thats the best price I have seen so far, shipping for most was more than the fenders :shok:

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
McNeil Offroad, Chad was the owner.... Most of the fiber glass companies out there are owned by the McNeil family.

jkeckss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet thanks.
Does anyone have pics of a truck with fiberglass that has the stock width stance? I am curious to see how ridiculous it will look in between installing the fenders and getting the long travel kit that widens it. They suggested 6 inch fenders, but any pics are good.
Thanks in advance if you can find any, I have looked for a long time and found nothing.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
This is with 4" fenders, a stock width diff and 10" rims/13.50 wide tires, not a great pic but it works.

jkeckss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
So based on that pic, which looks like your tires are close to flush if not a bit wider, if I went with 6 inch ones, stock rims and something like 11.5 inch wide tires, the fenders would stick out like, what, 2-3 inches? That might not look bad, might look odd tho. :dunno:

If I went with 3' wider fenders and 11.5" wide tires, it wouldn't look bad I imagine. But if I switch to the long travel kit later I will likely need to buy new glass again.

All that based on the assumption that my 07 would behave relatively the same as your straight axle width-wise....

hmmmmm..... ugh decisions :annoyed:

Suggestions anyone? based on this info

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
heres 8" rim with a 4" offset, (3.75 stock) and i have spindles that widen 1" per side. i have stock fenders. 6" fenders on stock rims will look strange IMHO. also, long travel kits cant use stock rims as they wont clear the upper uniball. dixon bros mentioned that to me when i was shopping for my friends 2008 4x4.

heres 8" rim with a 4" offset, (3.75 stock) and i have spindles that widen 1" per side. tires are 32X11.50R15. i have stock fenders. i'll be running 3" come spring time, winter will just beat them up. I'll be ordering from McNeil.

jkeckss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I talked to McNeil, they suggested that I deal with a company in BC called BC supertrucks, price was quite a bit better than from McNeil just because shipping is lower. Check them out.
:headbang:
Justin

colby450xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
You could also bulge your bedsides yourself for damn near free.

jkeckss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Have you tried that? Is there a tech article on how to go about it?

I have the FX4 with the stock flares on it which is why I wasnt gonna try that but if I plan on replacing them anyway I could give it a try I suppose.

colby450xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I did it on my 93 fleetside. Its pretty easy to do. I'm not sure if the flares will still fit properly after the fender is pulled out. It might leave gaps on places. Pulling them yourself will not come out with the same shape as if you bought the fiberglass fenders, but it would make it so wider wheels and tires would tuck inside the bedsides.

You might check to see how the flares are mounted also in-case they wont fit right afterwards. I wanted to take my stock flares off to paint them. I figured they just used the plastic push pins and double sided tape, I was wrong. They have bolts also, and I would have to remove the fender liner and all the screws are rusted to hell so I said to hell with it. :annoyed:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals