• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TTB limit straps?

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
Anyone have any pics or descriptions of how they mounted limit straps on a TTB?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
4x4Junkie I'm pretty sure installed a cable from side to side to act as a limiter, through a tube mainly to stop overextension while ascending steep hills, it moved side to side so there was still suspension travel but the total extension was limited... if memory serves he went from the sway bar mount points on the front of the axle.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
4x4Junkie I'm pretty sure installed a cable from side to side to act as a limiter, through a tube mainly to stop overextension while ascending steep hills, it moved side to side so there was still suspension travel but the total extension was limited... if memory serves he went from the sway bar mount points on the front of the axle.
Yeah I saw that pic. I like how he utilized the sway bar mount. I need to limit down travel, cause my coil pops out off road when I remove the sway bar. I am going to use a coil retainer, but I don't like that being the point of stoppage on the way down.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Yeah, BTDT, I made bolt on J hook things for mine and I think I still have a stainless ziptie or two on each side... they don't drive well back to camp when the coil isn't in the bucket...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad