• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Trying to identify my lift situation so I can replace shocks / springs. Pics attached.

gaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
Kehworth,

I would remove the lower set of blocks and rebuild the rear spring packs with a set of Explorer packs, making it the height you want.

The front is different, definitely get new springs but your setup is stock so anything with more lift is going to run your tires bald on the outsides. Without adding a lift kit I would get stock replacement or the heavy duty version of the same. The phone James Duff LLC and they will let you know what information they need to select the proper size 70/30 shocks for you.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: BD8D9A3814E19D Expires July 5th, 2022

Kegworth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
Yep. Front is def stock height. Just looks a little taller, maybe due to the 31" tires. Basically I ordered new shocks all around, only to discover the fronts were too long ( I ordered 1.5" lift height shocks ) ... so that confirmed the fronts to be stock, so I've ordered stock height shocks and a new set of Moog springs. Thinking that should be a safe cure for the front, without changing the height. Def not trying to deal w camber issues.

The rear blocks I'm leaving for now, and just replacing the shocks. Even tho they actually seem okay. But may as well while I'm at it. I'll consider doing a new leaf setup at some point.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad