• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Trush or flowmaster?

ranger28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Ak_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you go with the Thrush welded muffler that will sound identical to the original 40. Personally I don't like how the deltaflow sounds on the 3L or 4L, just to muffled in my opinion. The original 40 will sound much better. Try the thrush I mentioned and you should be satisfied with it.
I had a Delta flow 40 on my truck for about 2 days but ended up taking it off because it was way to quiet. I ended up running strait pipe after the cats and will be going to a strait out 2.5 pipe in a few weeks. I use to have a 95 Explorer with the 4.0L and had the cats gutted with a Super 44 on it and I really liked the sound of it.

cappin90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998, 1993
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 460
Transmission
Automatic
im running a delta flow and take your stock exhaust note and make it more aggressive, no louder just slightly throatier and thats a delta flow.... kinda wished i just threw a glasspack on it

ranger28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys and oh i was sitin here thinking that both those videos are 2.9l so ofcourse my 4.0l will sound better than both of theirs anymore advice people??? size of tubing? removing one cat? type of tip? or placement where tip will be? Iwas Thinking out the back dual with the leince plate in middle..
Like This

But Think again my truck does have the roll pan but mines tall enough to crush this lil thing lol] HOW I KNOW ??? FROM !! lol FROM EXPERIENCE LOL

Last edited:

ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
the thrush is identical to the flow 40 i have one on my 2.9 and it sounds awesome and personally i think the 2.9 sounds better than the 4.0 but just my opinion

flowmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The Flowmaster and the Thrush are not the same - totally different tech here. For the record, I work for Flowmaster so I'll save you the sales pitch. There are plenty of alternatives to the Delta Flow if that does not work for you - Super 44, original 40's, etc. check out the website if you are curious. I have a 2002 Ford Sport Trac with a 4.0 liter engine and a Hushpower HP2 - which is one of our other divisions. It is totally different technology if you want something totally different. I have one on the truck (for the past year) and is sounds great. Regardless of what you choose - if you call the tech line 800 544-4761 you'll get plenty of good info - and not just a big sell job.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals