• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Truck Stalls Intermittently

rokadavis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everyone,

I hate to say but I've been having a lot of issues with my truck truck stalling intermittently for the past couple of months. It stalls when parked and when driving and there's no telling when it's going to happen again. I recently pulled codes and it seems like codes 95 and 87 are coming up a lot, I had swapped the fuel pump when the issue started and no luck there, the issue persisted. Just noticed when I turn on the ignition switch there's a high pitched whirring sound coming from the pump, usually it stops after a couple of seconds and I'm able to start the ignition but sometimes the noise stays on and when this happens I'm no longer able to start the truck, it's like it's stuck priming.

Since the issue started I've tried several things believing it would be air/power related. So far I've tried swapping the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, MAF sensor, battery, alternator and nothing has worked so far. I would hate to swap out the fuel pump again and am afraid that's not the issue, I read somewhere that the PCM might be telling the fuel pump relay to keep priming and that's why it doesn't start and that this might also be the reason why it stop all of a sudden. Does it sound like it? I'd like to read what more experienced users have to say before doing all of that. I also checked the inertia switch and it doesn't seem to be the issue.

* The fuel pressure is reading ok although the battery gauge does dip when turning the lights on and when putting the truck in reverse, maybe that's it? Also changed the terminal ends on the battery and the ground wire. No luck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals